Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 11:14 AM

8 posts, read 15,285 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am looking to move near Tampa (most likely north or west of tampa) and am considering New Tampa, LoL, Lutz, Wesley Chapel, Odessa, Carrolwood and neighborhoods in those basic areas. I would like to live in a nice, safe, neighborhood that doesn't have too many amenities. I would prefer to have my own pool instead of having a large CDD fee that covers a huge community pool with water slides, clubhouse, etc...

Do you folks have any suggestions for neighborhoods to consider? I prefer wooded conservation areas more than areas that have a lot of lakes or wide open areas where houses are stacked closely beside each other. I don't have school age children, so I am not overly concerned about the school districts.

Thank you for your consideration of my question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 03:06 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
What is your price range?

Old 03-24-2015, 03:11 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpsetspike007 View Post
Hello, I am looking to move near Tampa (most likely north or west of tampa) and am considering New Tampa, LoL, Lutz, Wesley Chapel, Odessa, Carrolwood and neighborhoods in those basic areas. I would like to live in a nice, safe, neighborhood that doesn't have too many amenities. I would prefer to have my own pool instead of having a large CDD fee that covers a huge community pool with water slides, clubhouse, etc...

Do you folks have any suggestions for neighborhoods to consider? I prefer wooded conservation areas more than areas that have a lot of lakes or wide open areas where houses are stacked closely beside each other. I don't have school age children, so I am not overly concerned about the school districts.

Thank you for your consideration of my question.
Out off all that you mentioned Carrollwood is the only place you'll find no CDDs, and lower HOA fees. The rest are full of planned communities with HOA, CDDs and a lot of snotty people. Now speaking on backing to a wooded area might be a problem. There are "patches" of areas that have that, but those are not usually available for rent or purchase, because everyone wants those. The others that have that in their back yards are MUCH older home that need a lot of work.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:06 AM

I realize there are many planned communities in these towns, but aren't there some neighborhoods within them that are smaller, or have lower fees? What I mean by wooded conservation is that I don't want to have a pond behind me, or other houses directly behind me. I'm sure there are some houses with wooded views in most communities, even if that is a small number of houses proportionately.

For example, I noticed some smaller neighborhoods in LoL like Stonegate and the Oaks..........

Old 03-26-2015, 09:25 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,803,729 times
There are houses in Tampa palms which were build facing conservation area, but few years back trees were removed and houses ended up facing I-75...

Old 03-27-2015, 04:26 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpsetspike007 View Post
I realize there are many planned communities in these towns, but aren't there some neighborhoods within them that are smaller, or have lower fees? What I mean by wooded conservation is that I don't want to have a pond behind me, or other houses directly behind me. I'm sure there are some houses with wooded views in most communities, even if that is a small number of houses proportionately.

For example, I noticed some smaller neighborhoods in LoL like Stonegate and the Oaks..........
You can wish for that but in practice it will take a VERY LONG TIME to find that, because most people want the same thing. The other thing to consider is that a wooded area can just be a buffer to a highway, so you can have trees behind your house but right behind those trees there's a big road! So...

Old 03-27-2015, 05:22 AM

212 posts, read 286,405 times
Two neighborhoods in Lutz that may fit what you are looking for are Lakeshore Estates and Villa Rosa. Both do not have CDD's and have many (but not all) conservation lots. We looked at both last year but decided on a newer subdivision in Lutz. While neither have CDD's the prices for a 4 bedroom, pool on a conservation lot will be in the upper 300 to mid 400's.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:12 PM

Thanks, I will certainly check out those 2 recommendations in Lutz.

I also see the concern about being close to a highway, etc..... and Tampa Palms is on my list to check out, too.

Any other suggestions?

Old 03-27-2015, 02:18 PM

Jaybird, thank you. I will check out those neighborhoods. That is within my price range and describes basically what I am looking for........

Old 11-25-2018, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,656 times
Looking for low lot HOA fees. No rent. In north Tampa, to Largo area. Clean, friendly. Amenities. Age 50 and over restictions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay