Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 11:54 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,165,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
While those parts of Downtown are nice, it's still nothing from being a complete urban area that you'd find in the Downtown areas of similar cities that are Tampa's size. Maybe in a few years.

Like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 12:01 PM

383 posts, read 634,882 times
I can't see any reason why Tampa can't make the downtown a destination like a few others have done. I know Jeff Vinik is working on that, and I would love to see some groundbreaking in the near future. The Riverwalk is really nice, and I hope other businesses make that area a real destination. I really love it there.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:03 PM

170 posts, read 233,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
I can't see any reason why Tampa can't make the downtown a destination like a few others have done. I know Jeff Vinik is working on that, and I would love to see some groundbreaking in the near future. The Riverwalk is really nice, and I hope other businesses make that area a real destination. I really love it there.
It's about to happen once this project gets going

Riverwalk Tower, Tampa Bay's new tallest building

Old 12-22-2015, 03:05 PM

383 posts, read 634,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjosephunf View Post
It's about to happen once this project gets going

Riverwalk Tower, Tampa Bay's new tallest building
I did catch some of that on the news the other day. That would be awesome for a destination. As far as condo prices, I'm sure they will be expensive.
Keeping our eyes open in that area. There is certainly more happening there than out here in the burbs. We just have to adjust on smaller sizes. I'd rather downsize and live in an urban environment. I guess that's the city boy in me.

:-)

Old 01-01-2016, 08:05 AM

14 posts, read 15,106 times
Like the original poster, I am considering moving downtown. I understand it's not NY or any other great urban area, but the wife and I are in the suburbs now and want to try something else. Living in a high rise would be a nice experience before having children. St Pete isn't an option for us, so we are considering downtown.

So has anyone lived in areas of downtown and can talk about positives and negatives of different buildings or areas. We may buy if the right deal showed up but would most likely rent the first year. the Channelside area (Skypoint, Grand, Condos at channelside) and The Element/Skypoint are the two places we are looking at the closest, but would consider Harbour Island for the right condo. View is key so mostly looking at high rises, but a top floor on a mid rise with a unobstructed view would also be a possibility.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:28 AM

4 posts, read 3,671 times
I purchased in Channelside last year (On the 7th floor of an 8 floor mid-rise). Unobstructed views for now, however you have to keep in mind that's always subject to change no matter what floor your on in an urban enviroment. It's definitely not NY, however much more going on than the burbs, and it's going to be very exciting to watch the transition over the next 5-10 years.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:52 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsGuy View Post
I purchased in Channelside last year (On the 7th floor of an 8 floor mid-rise). Unobstructed views for now, however you have to keep in mind that's always subject to change no matter what floor your on in an urban enviroment. It's definitely not NY, however much more going on than the burbs, and it's going to be very exciting to watch the transition over the next 5-10 years.
Wow good for you!!! It's something I would love to do but still have too many animals and kids at home or visiting...I think now is a great time to get in!!!

Old 01-02-2016, 09:56 AM

14 posts, read 15,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsGuy View Post
Mind saying what building? The Slade? Are you happy you are in channelside or would you jump to downtown given the opportunity? Single or have a significant other living with you?

I know I'm asking a ton of questions, its just hard because we really don't have friends living downtown to know what much of it was like. I guess we need to just start spending some time in the restaurants and bars.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:55 PM

65 posts, read 71,213 times
Living in Channelside at The Place right now. Love it! Only complaint is people who don't clean up after their friggen dogs and let them **** all over the common areas and sidewalks near the building. Parking blows and you need to rent a spot in a garage. Like being able to walk to the bars and stuff. Close to the crosstown and 275,Eddie and Sams, Hyde Park. Get to see big cruise ships docked across the street all the time. Trolley to Ybor. Hot chicks all over the place. Only place I'd rather live right now is Hyde Park. New to FL though and don't know the area too well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay