Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 07:57 AM

184 posts, read 248,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why bother coming to the forum if all you experience is negative, rude, nasty and mean spirited replies?
It's a good source for factual purposes, just not for highly opinionated topics like the enjoyment of Florida. It's not everyone, but negative people do tend to flock to the Florida forums for some reason even if they don't live here. The negativity does not reflect in the people around me "offline" in my experience. Most seem to enjoy it here and have a positive additude.

In general, I believe some people enjoy getting others riled up and always have to have something to complain about. I see the same trend on public Facebook posts.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:59 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbrew View Post
Some of them don't even live in Florida, but come here to complain about Florida every day.
I find that most of the ones who like to complain endlessly do not even live here. I cannot imagine what someone's life is like if that is all they do. Very odd.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 AM

109 posts, read 162,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I find that most of the ones who like to complain endlessly do not even live here. I cannot imagine what someone's life is like if that is all they do. Very odd.
Its odd that the only ones that cheerlead excessively are the transplants. Natives will give you ALL sides of the stories and the northerners get mad for some reason. Its odd that northerners have to convince themselves this is the best place on earth to where they moved, almost like if they dont believe it is then their move was a failure. A physiologist could do a whole case study on CD transplants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbrew View Post
It's a good source for factual purposes
less than 5% of this message board has actual facts in it. It is just peoples OPINIONs. The only facts on this entire site are in the CD section and even those stats are grossly outdated.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez8 View Post
Its odd that the only ones that cheerlead excessively are the transplants. Natives will give you ALL sides of the stories and the northerners get mad for some reason. Its odd that northerners have to convince themselves this is the best place on earth to where they moved, almost like if they dont believe it is then their move was a failure. A physiologist could do a whole case study on CD transplants.
I see a lot of natives on here who are stating they love it as well. I actually see more people on this forum who like it here, than don't. It's just that the complainers are loud and nonstop. People just stop listening to them after a while.

When happy transplants post on here how happy they are, you see someone trying to convince themselves they like it. I see someone who is filled with excitement and love for the area, so much so that they want to express it to everyone. I completely understand how they feel. I feel sorry for those who have never experienced feelings like that. Man O Man, some people are really missing out on a happy way of thinking and living. I simply cannot be and do not want to be as cynical as some people are. It's just not a healthy way to live life.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I see a lot of natives on here who are stating they love it as well. I actually see more people on this forum who like it here, than don't. It's just that the complainers are loud and nonstop. People just stop listening to them after a while.

When happy transplants post on here how happy they are, you see someone trying to convince themselves they like it. I see someone who is filled with excitement and love for the area, so much so that they want to express it to everyone. I completely understand how they feel. I feel sorry for those who have never experienced feelings like that. Man O Man, some people are really missing out on a happy way of thinking and living. I simply cannot be and do not want to be as cynical as some people are. It's just not a healthy way to live life.
For some it is the ONLY way to live. Bitter, cynical, engrossed in anything negative. Sorry unhappy people.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:37 AM

CD FL has gone from a place to get information for a relocation to a sounding board for very unhappy people who thrive on negativity and simply cant stand it knowing that others are pleased with their lives.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:48 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
There are some who find the Tampa area to be the perfect place for them...I love to hear that people are happy where they are...While I am glad I moved here from nyc because it was a much better place to raise my then young kids and we were able to have a lifestyle that we never could have attained back north...I can't say I "love" it here...but rather all and all it was a good fit for us! I was unhappy in NYC a place I had lived all my life...I didn't complain like many do up there...I made a change a big change with a lot of logistical components to it...jobs,schools,church and funny enough at 35 I had to learn to drive!!! Looking back I don't regret a thing...there are no perfect places...well maybe San Diego...lol

Old 07-30-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
There are some who find the Tampa area to be the perfect place for them...I love to hear that people are happy where they are...While I am glad I moved here from nyc because it was a much better place to raise my then young kids and we were able to have a lifestyle that we never could have attained back north...I can't say I "love" it here...but rather all and all it was a good fit for us! I was unhappy in NYC a place I had lived all my life...I didn't complain like many do up there...I made a change a big change with a lot of logistical components to it...jobs,schools,church and funny enough at 35 I had to learn to drive!!! Looking back I don't regret a thing...there are no perfect places...well maybe San Diego...lol
As a born and raised former NYC resident I could not agree with you more. Twice in life I had the opportunity to live anywhere I wanted. Same choice both times. Florida.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I have always said, no place is perfect. Paradise is something different to everyone and paradise is not perfect either. I know that if I lived somewhere I hated, I would do anything I could to find a place which matches my likes better. I also would not move to a new place and then go back to trash talk the former place all the time. That just shows everyone how bitter the person is and how they are still carrying the chip on their shoulder.

I still go back to the NC forum, but I do not spend all my time trash talking the place. That would just be rude and serve no positive purpose in life. I guess different people handle themselves in different ways in life. I am glad I am on this side of the fence. It's much more pleasant.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:48 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,625,495 times
There are some really sensitive posters on this forum.

If you want nothing but positives don't read the negatives. It's not difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay