Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:07 PM

769 posts, read 829,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Can't believe that this is accurate for all HOAs. Some are more restrictive, especially with things like parking a car on grass. Not something most of the HOAs where I've lived tolerate. Neither is parking a car anywhere other than garages or driveways. Between homes would get the HOA and every homeowner's attention in a heartbeat.
Just to clarify, there are HOA rules specifically against parking vehicles in your yard. FRONT or BACK. You cannot store RV's, boats or trailers on your front or back yard too.

I just notified the HOA today, so I expect it to take a few days to work through the system, but as far as WHAT they can do, they can, and WILL fine them, if they fail to pay, HOA's have the legal authority to put a lien and foreclose on the property...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 01:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
What's wrong with this approach?......

Knock, knock.

"Hey, I want you to move your truck. It is on my property, creates an eyesore and is against the HOA rules about parking". And in the future, please ask your guests not to park on my lawn.

Much appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:11 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
What's wrong with this approach?......

Knock, knock.

"Hey, I want you to move your truck. It is on my property, creates an eyesore and is against the HOA rules about parking". And in the future, please ask your guests not to park on my lawn.

Much appreciated.

Have a nice day.
I think the OP stated he tried that and the guy didn't care...

Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 PM

769 posts, read 829,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think the OP stated he tried that and the guy didn't care...
Correct, but apparently people don't read everything

Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 PM

he (neighbor) didn't see a problem with it.....okay, sorry......sounds like the approach wasn't as direct....

Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Take pictures and document everything. The HOA may need this proof when they contact your lousy neighbor. I'm so sorry you are having these problems. I really don't understand why some people feel the rules don't apply to them.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
Correct, but apparently people don't read everything
I read it. But it didn't sound like you told him to get his truck off your property.

It sounded like you asked his opinion and walked off accepting his opinion.

If he said it wasn't a problem, I'd have said it was a problem to me and that he needed to move his car off my property immediately.

If the dialogue continued, I'd tell him my next step (police). I really hate to involve the police, but the guy evidently doesn't care about maintaining cordial relations with his neighbor.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:05 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
If the HOA doesn't come through for you...I would suggest buying the heaviest statue or boulder ever and place it on the direct path on your property that the guy needs to drive on...if he is willing to try and move it every time more power to him...eventually he will get tired of it...

Old 12-01-2015, 02:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
I read it. But it didn't sound like you told him to get his truck off your property.

It sounded like you asked his opinion and walked off accepting his opinion.

If he said it wasn't a problem, I'd have said it was a problem to me and that he needed to move his car off my property immediately.

If the dialogue continued, I'd tell him my next step (police). I really hate to involve the police, but the guy evidently doesn't care about maintaining cordial relations with his neighbor.

That may work in some parts of the country, in FL it's a good way to end up dead. All the neighbor has to say "I felt threatened" when voices start to get raised, shoots the OP, and they're good to go. They "stood their ground".

How many times has this happened already, just in the Tampa Bay area? From a car being parked in front of the house, kid skateboarding, dog crapping on the lawn, etc.....pick one.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:20 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Wow, what a false start for a new neighbor!

So funny that the guy came and introduced himself to you? It is like "get ready I am your new neighbor from hell" kind of intro? lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay