Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 10,773 times

Advertisements

Hi- I've been in tampa for just over a month now. I need to continue my medication and counselling services but have no idea where or how to find what I need here. The places my Ohio based services contacted here needed a permanent address to begin any type of assessments/treatments. I am still staying in a motel...I am now going thru withdrawl from my meds and can't afford to wait any longer. I have no insurance for treatment or medications which is why I need a sliding scale center. If anyone can lead me in the right direction it would be a tremendous blessing to me. Thank you. Sincerely, Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
I think you might want to try and see if Lee Davis clinic on 22nd st in ybor city area will see you , You might have to fill out a form or two and you have to get down there before 7 am and wait in line . I wish you luck . take care . I no longer live in the area and have not for at least 3 yrs . Good luck to you and yours .

Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,041 times
I dont think they just give out free stuff for transients. Try metropolitan ministries

Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times
It's on the Pinellas side but PEMHS (google it) may be able to help.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,892,327 times
This place in St. Pete provides low cost help:

Boley Centers - Where Recovery Works! Serving the Tampa Bay area since 1979.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,129 times
The problem youre going to face is not having a "permanent address" since many of the centers work based on residence location. Directions for Mental Health, Suncoast, PEMHS all work on a sliding scale but have address boundaries. I would suggest calling "211" and seeing if there is anywhere you can get in asap without having to be baker acted to do so.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Is this a serious thread? A person with these type of issues and is new to the forum, without a perminent residence/rental...

We get a lot of inquiries from people in hotels for rentals and when you have to meet them at a rental they often are late, have informed us that they need to stop at walgreens, cvs, etc. the cars look like a mess, don't have money for security deposits, etc...

Not one of them qualified for a rental and was able to fill out a decnt application, sorry but this OP's thread sounds so similar to questions they ask us when one of our agents meet with them...

They all have access to internet and most of them have iphones but no money....uhm

Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 PM

451 posts, read 933,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy hurl View Post
Hi- I've been in tampa for just over a month now. I need to continue my medication and counselling services but have no idea where or how to find what I need here. The places my Ohio based services contacted here needed a permanent address to begin any type of assessments/treatments. I am still staying in a motel...I am now going thru withdrawl from my meds and can't afford to wait any longer. I have no insurance for treatment or medications which is why I need a sliding scale center. If anyone can lead me in the right direction it would be a tremendous blessing to me. Thank you. Sincerely, Amy
I'd suggest contacting your counselor in Ohio, notifying them of your withdrawal and seeing if they can phone in a temporary prescription while you find a local option. The problem is that if you wish to fill the prescription here, most municipal/non-profit clinics can't prescribe anti-depressants and other psychiatric meds because they're scheduled similarly to pain killers. The only common route is a general practice, but doing so usually requires an expensive intake-- especially if you're uninsured.

Good luck, Amy! A loved one of mine was in a very similar situation and with some work she was able to get through it.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 PM

451 posts, read 933,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Is this a serious thread? A person with these type of issues and is new to the forum, without a perminent residence/rental...

We get a lot of inquiries from people in hotels for rentals and when you have to meet them at a rental they often are late, have informed us that they need to stop at walgreens, cvs, etc. the cars look like a mess, don't have money for security deposits, etc...

Not one of them qualified for a rental and was able to fill out a decnt application, sorry but this OP's thread sounds so similar to questions they ask us when one of our agents meet with them...

They all have access to internet and most of them have iphones but no money....uhm
What does this have to do with OP's need for mental health support? Judge lest ye be judged, and if you have nothing nice to say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: