Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:27 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Advertisements

It has been reported that The Big Dog has been diagnosed with brain tumors after collapsing/blacking out at a Lightning game. He's been a mainstay in Tampa Bay Radio sports talk (number one rated in the area for awhile). This weekend JBF.com reported that it was an inoperable condition but today has an update:

UPDATED 7:40 a.m., Feb. 13 — The dean of local sports radio, Steve Duemig, Joe’s good friend “Big Dog,” made it public Saturday that he has brain cancer. However, Duemig has asked Joe to deliver an update/clarification:

While Duemig’s tumors are inoperable, as he advised Saturday on his Facebook page, there are treatment options to kill the tumors and nobody should think he was given a death sentence. Duemig is committed to battling and returning to the WDAE-AM 620 airwaves.

Following a busy and fun week of broadcasts from Super Bowl’s radio row in Houston, Duemig was off the air last week and announced his health situation Saturday.

Former Bucs media relations chief Jonathan Grella sent Duemig a supportive Tweet that closed with the hashtag #dogstrong. It’s become a popular rallying cry in support of Duemig on social media. And it fits.

Big Dog is strong, and he has a fighting spirit.

JoeBucsFan.com - The most popular Buccaneers blog on earth. Edgy analysis, and 24/7 Bucs football news. - Tampa Bay Bucs Blog, Buccaneers News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 05:11 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Never heard of him slim.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:54 PM

I do wish him the best.....but still hostile toward his critics--kind of like our POTUS, always has to be right.

From a Facebook post......

I am writing this message to all of you this morning to let all of you know where I've been since returning from super bowl coverage on Saturday evening.
I can assure you I have not been on extra vacation. While watching the Lightning game, I collapsed
And lost all functionality on the right side of my body. 3 days later
I awoke in the neuro ICU unit of north side hospital. After several
CT scans and a hole dug into the top of my head for a biopsy it was discovered that I had several
Inoperable tumors on my brain. ( this may have been the reason I was having trouble getting through live read commercials in the past on some days in the past and being severely criticized for it. By some of you in the past. I hope you're happy now for the unreasonable criticism)
At any rate a biopsy was done yesterday and the results were not
Good. I have BRAIN CANCER . The degree of the Infection and treatment is currently being determined. Full functionality has returned on my right side for now. How long it stays that way will remain a mystery until we can figure out other things. I have a great team of doctors at north side
And nurses all working to get me back to work as soon as possible. Hopefully it will be very soon
So there u have the rest of the story.
Hang in there with me and we will beat this disease together Cancer SUCKS.
BIGDOG

------------
bolded part of quote is an example of his personality, even with his post, he has to find a way to take a shot at his critics ---always angry about something.......odd that with this news he takes the time to hate on his haters

Old 02-16-2017, 02:11 PM

Steve ‏@BigDogwdae 4h4 hours ago

Sorry for the hold up on update. My end is ready to go, but we must wait for Corp.

--------
I'm guessing "Corp" is Clear Channel.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I do wish him the best.....but still hostile toward his critics--kind of like our POTUS, always has to be right.

From a Facebook post......

I am writing this message to all of you this morning to let all of you know where I've been since returning from super bowl coverage on Saturday evening.
I can assure you I have not been on extra vacation. While watching the Lightning game, I collapsed
And lost all functionality on the right side of my body. 3 days later
I awoke in the neuro ICU unit of north side hospital. After several
CT scans and a hole dug into the top of my head for a biopsy it was discovered that I had several
Inoperable tumors on my brain. ( this may have been the reason I was having trouble getting through live read commercials in the past on some days in the past and being severely criticized for it. By some of you in the past. I hope you're happy now for the unreasonable criticism)
At any rate a biopsy was done yesterday and the results were not
Good. I have BRAIN CANCER . The degree of the Infection and treatment is currently being determined. Full functionality has returned on my right side for now. How long it stays that way will remain a mystery until we can figure out other things. I have a great team of doctors at north side
And nurses all working to get me back to work as soon as possible. Hopefully it will be very soon
So there u have the rest of the story.
Hang in there with me and we will beat this disease together Cancer SUCKS.
BIGDOG

------------
bolded part of quote is an example of his personality, even with his post, he has to find a way to take a shot at his critics ---always angry about something.......odd that with this news he takes the time to hate on his haters
He is a lot more right than Obamabutt was dwight.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Never heard of him slim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
He is a lot more right than Obamabutt was dwight.
so did you or didn't you ever hear of The Big Dog?

Old 02-16-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
so did you or didn't you ever hear of The Big Dog?
Can't says that i have. Sports is the last thing on my list.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:53 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
I was a sports radio afternoon drive kind of guy through my twenties that guy single handedly turned me off sports radio, that's how much I dislike him, he embodies every trait I find offensive in a human being and I am a new yorker so it's not the brashness. Anyway I wish him well.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I was a sports radio afternoon drive kind of guy through my twenties that guy single handedly turned me off sports radio, that's how much I dislike him, he embodies every trait I find offensive in a human being and I am a new yorker so it's not the brashness. Anyway I wish him well.
My sentiments as well.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:47 PM

has been off the air for quite awhile now - no word on his treatment - wonder how it's going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay