Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 07:29 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,393,830 times

Advertisements

I apologize in advance if this isnt allowed if not please delete..

I thought this was a great article on Pasco County and its Growth

Job recruiters say home sales signal Pasco's demographic change | Tampa Bay Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 07:50 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,156,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post

Job recruiters say home sales signal Pasco's demographic change | Tampa Bay Times
Interesting article. Pasco certainly will be a totally different place in the not so distant future.

News like this may help change the opinions of those who insist how the Tampa Bay is the land of low paying jobs and that companies dont want to be here.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Interesting article. Pasco certainly will be a totally different place in the not so distant future.

News like this may help change the opinions of those who insist how the Tampa Bay is the land of low paying jobs and that companies dont want to be here.
Your right Spring but here in NJ it is amazing how many people are talking about moving to Tampa, although I do hear people say well its NOT the East Coast blah blah which we are happy about and welcome the Change..Those who know we lived in Boca can't understand why we are moving to Tampa Area and honestly we are very excited about this move as it will be our forever move LOL....

Old 03-07-2017, 08:30 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,156,119 times
Quote:
Your right Spring but here in NJ it is amazing how many people are talking about moving to Tampa, although I do hear people say well its NOT the East Coast blah blah which we are happy about and welcome the Change..Those who know we lived in Boca can't understand why we are moving to Tampa Area and honestly we are very excited about this move as it will be our forever move LOL....
It sure seems the influx of people from the NE is never ending. I feel that the Fl SE is over saturated and is like exchanging one rat race for another. Welcome back to the peninsular

Old 03-07-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It sure seems the influx of people from the NE is never ending. I feel that the Fl SE is over saturated and is like exchanging one rat race for another. Welcome back to the peninsular
I agree

and thank you

Old 03-07-2017, 12:20 PM

88 posts, read 108,747 times
Quote:

Nice article. I agree that 54 and 56 will be drastically different in the near future. I have lived right off of 54 for the last two years and the difference just over that time is HUGE. The northern Tampa area really is taking off in a big way, and I believe will continue to as more and more people move south.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Alecci View Post
Nice article. I agree that 54 and 56 will be drastically different in the near future. I have lived right off of 54 for the last two years and the difference just over that time is HUGE. The northern Tampa area really is taking off in a big way, and I believe will continue to as more and more people move south.
John I hope you are right..We are going to be buying in a high market, and spending a little more than we wanted too to get what we like which I did not want to do but it is what it is, so I am just hoping there will be enough Value so in 6 or 7 years we will be able to sell it with a profit as we would eventually want to go into an adult community but at 50 and 48 we are a bit too young lol and honestly not looking for that right now...

Old 03-13-2017, 11:20 PM

428 posts, read 416,785 times
Quote:

I get it!

We came from NY in 2015 to Boca... Then Boca to New Tampa in 2016. Would take Tampa any day. Boca is definitely "Little NY", which is all well and good, but we would much rather make a weekend of it. The slower pace out here is 100% welcome with younger kids. That said, how we miss the beach in Boca!... Crystal clear waters like you would find in St. Kitts, not dipping much below 75 in the "cold of winter"... Sunrises over the Atlantic and waves for great boogie boarding with the kids... I would give anything to have a beach pass for Boca again. And Town Center mall. And do I even have to mention the diners here don't exist... I miss Flakowitz terribly!... Oh, to have good bagel out in Tampa at a neighborhood diner, LOL.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcharas View Post
I get it!

We came from NY in 2015 to Boca... Then Boca to New Tampa in 2016. Would take Tampa any day. Boca is definitely "Little NY", which is all well and good, but we would much rather make a weekend of it. The slower pace out here is 100% welcome with younger kids. That said, how we miss the beach in Boca!... Crystal clear waters like you would find in St. Kitts, not dipping much below 75 in the "cold of winter"... Sunrises over the Atlantic and waves for great boogie boarding with the kids... I would give anything to have a beach pass for Boca again. And Town Center mall. And do I even have to mention the diners here don't exist... I miss Flakowitz terribly!... Oh, to have good bagel out in Tampa at a neighborhood diner, LOL.
well I have to tell you everything you mentioned we will miss also..lol There were a few things we can do without hence being from NY..We grew up in Brooklyn my husband and I and I guess that is why Boca felt like home...I will miss the food and the beaches and Atlantic Ave etc, however on the other hand the west coast people are nicer our best friends are in land O Lakes and my best friend of 45 years lives 45 min outside of Orlando in Windermere, so we decided to not go back to Boca and to head to the West Coast of course there are other factors as well, we spent quite a bit of time in St Pete when my aunt and uncle lived there they moved to Boca 12 years ago from Tampa....My son's HS best friends are all in Boca they still keep in touch and my son flies down there to see them when he gets the chance, so what is a 3.5 or 4 hour Drive? lol

what made you guys decide to move out of Boca?

Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 AM

30,459 posts, read 21,309,635 times
And west Pasco will still be a dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: