Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 10:40 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,253,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
well we did and it only gave me 3 homes that were within 2-4 miles of this house it DID NOT include the the house on each side of this house which I though was interesting...

I am so BUMMED we loved that house oh well it wasn't meant to be
I found this from Herald Tribune, claims to have data from Florida Department of Environment Protection through Feb 20, 2014. Better safe than sorry. Good luck in your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 10:48 AM

I also found this map directly at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection site for sinkholes. I didn't see anything with date of data, but I would think they are current.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:57 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,418,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
I also found this map directly at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection site for sinkholes. I didn't see anything with date of data, but I would think they are current.
thank you if it wasnt so damn expensive to put a pool in and Lanai I really would just buy a Spec new construction at this point..UGH getting very discouraged...

Old 05-07-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
thank you if it wasnt so damn expensive to put a pool in and Lanai I really would just buy a Spec new construction at this point..UGH getting very discouraged...
We went through similar process as we looked for our Florida home. All the existing homes with pools just didn't measure up. The newer homes were much more efficient and latest in interior finishes. We figured if we bought and older home we'd spend $$ to upgrade to current finishes and efficiency. Buying new meant we'd spend the $$ on pool, but also getting a pool that looked new (all the older homes had older style pools). In the end I figured I'd spend as much to upgrade older home as we did on putting pool in. Putting pool in was much less disruptive to our lives too, limited only to outdoor.

We found that being remote took longer, especially as you also need to get a feel for the area. It took us several trips to finally find what we were looking for, which honestly wasn't what we originally thought we wanted as we started our search. I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:30 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,418,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
We went through similar process as we looked for our Florida home. All the existing homes with pools just didn't measure up. The newer homes were much more efficient and latest in interior finishes. We figured if we bought and older home we'd spend $$ to upgrade to current finishes and efficiency. Buying new meant we'd spend the $$ on pool, but also getting a pool that looked new (all the older homes had older style pools). In the end I figured I'd spend as much to upgrade older home as we did on putting pool in. Putting pool in was much less disruptive to our lives too, limited only to outdoor.

We found that being remote took longer, especially as you also need to get a feel for the area. It took us several trips to finally find what we were looking for, which honestly wasn't what we originally thought we wanted as we started our search. I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.
Your so right...we discuss this all the time, unfortunately we dont have money to put a pool in and do a screened Lanai which is why we are finding it a bit difficult..

Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 PM

31 posts, read 35,332 times
Thank you, bobandsherry, for the 2 maps you posted. I appreciate that the first one allows me to see sinkholes by county and year and security. The second website is so rich in data, I'm still figuring it out. One thing I've learned is, the randomness and ubiquity of sinkholes mean that Florida is not for the faint of heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay