Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 01:17 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,853,790 times

Advertisements

Or perhaps it's just my street (Westshore in Tampa) where electricity, internet and trash removal have
Third World reliability?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 01:53 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
It's a problem state wide. I am in Manatee County and they have recently contracted with a company to pick up, but it is slow going, they are only doing it on Saturdays I believe, and the huge amount that needs to be picked up is overwhelming. So no, it is not just your street.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
It's a problem state wide. I am in Manatee County and they have recently contracted with a company to pick up, but it is slow going, they are only doing it on Saturdays I believe, and the huge amount that needs to be picked up is overwhelming. So no, it is not just your street.
Actually it does not make me feel better that other people statewide also have this problem. It just makes me more angry and appalled at the inept infrastructure in this state.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:51 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
isn't it a county responsibility? perhaps they have prioritized their work to more pressing things? I guess if you paid more county taxes, they'd haul it away quicker (paying their employees overtime) - not sure everyone would be up for that though and would rather have lower taxes.....if it gets too unbearable, maybe pay someone to haul it for you.....

Old 10-13-2017, 03:47 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,587,290 times
I head over to the dump all the time to dump my landscaping stuff. Its much easier then bagging and tying everything into little bundles. Just bring your drivers license and a copy of you tax statement.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:20 PM

794 posts, read 1,861,301 times
I'm actually very impressed with the Hillsborough county response to Irma. The pre-planning, sand bags, shelters, managing the utility response, overall post event management, debris pickup, and the overall response gets a well earned A+ in my book.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:45 PM

our landscapers have collected the debris and have made huge temporary (i hope) landfill of tree limbs, branches, etc in the middle of our subdivision......the county hasn't but a dent in it yet - more pressing issues, not paying overtime, etc etc, most likely.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrkr View Post
I'm actually very impressed with the Hillsborough county response to Irma. The pre-planning, sand bags, shelters, managing the utility response, overall post event management, debris pickup, and the overall response gets a well earned A+ in my book.
Well, here's my report card of the recovery effort from this non-hurricane:

8 days with no power, TECO (and its inept maintenance of the grid) gets: F

6 days with no Internet (after power came back on), Frontier gets: F

35 days (and counting) with mountains of storm debris blocking streets, City of Tampa Solid Waste gets: F

Three F's, that's an average of F in my book!

I could easily hire someone to haul away my debris. But it's the principle of the matter. They said the debris would be picked up weeks ago. They lied.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:18 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
I never had anything to be picked up. But they did pick up in my hood a while back jack...

Old 10-13-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Well, here's my report card of the recovery effort from this non-hurricane:

8 days with no power, TECO (and its inept maintenance of the grid) gets: F

6 days with no Internet (after power came back on), Frontier gets: F

35 days (and counting) with mountains of storm debris blocking streets, City of Tampa Solid Waste gets: F

Three F's, that's an average of F in my book!

I could easily hire someone to haul away my debris. But it's the principle of the matter. They said the debris would be picked up weeks ago. They lied.
Write a letter to the powers that be...county council/commision, TECO, Tampa Bay Times....complaining here doesn't anyone good except maybe allow you to vent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay