Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 01:03 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Atlanta seems to be doing okay. DC as well. Name the successful cities too.
I could have found quite a few successful, minority run cities, but it's more fun watching these guys expose themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 10:25 AM

70 posts, read 60,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Its refreshing to see some one who is not a professional politician in office. He didn't spend a lifetime beholden to special interest groups. Its also nice to see someone in office speak his mind and not the usual double speak we hear from most politicians.
Not when it is bat**** crazy talk

Old 12-02-2017, 05:32 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,587,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaguy954 View Post
Not when it is bat**** crazy talk
He loves to poke the Bear. He's not afraid of the media or other politicians and will call them out. Its quite funny to see them chase their tails. He is not afraid to go after their sacred cows.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
He loves to poke the Bear. He's not afraid of the media or other politicians and will call them out. Its quite funny to see them chase their tails. He is not afraid to go after their sacred cows.
Re-tweeting posts from known radical groups can incite radicals to seek out and kill innocent Americans including our own Soldiers already in harms way no matter where they're at in the world...... Not so funny.

But I'm glad that I'm now allowed to say Merry Christmas (as if I wasn't throughout my entire life).

Big whoop there.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Re-tweeting posts from known radical groups can incite radicals to seek out and kill innocent Americans including our own Soldiers already in harms way no matter where they're at in the world...... Not so funny.

But I'm glad that I'm now allowed to say Merry Christmas (as if I wasn't throughout my entire life).

Big whoop there.
Radical groups = any group that disagrees with liberals.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Radical groups = any group that disagrees with liberals.
Yeah, those KKK groups are disagreeable - but guess who they support, right?

and as far as the tweet....get away from Faux once in awhile.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...irestorm-in-uk

Old 12-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Yeah, those KKK groups are disagreeable - but guess who they support, right?

and as far as the tweet....get away from Faux once in awhile.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...irestorm-in-uk

Old 12-08-2017, 01:51 AM

176 posts, read 217,254 times
Also keep in mind, Florida was a Colony of Spain for over 300 years. Its has been part of the US less than 200 years. So a lot of the Spanish influence was not from immigrants, since this was essentially a Spanish possession.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:53 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumble View Post
Also keep in mind, Florida was a Colony of Spain for over 300 years. Its has been part of the US less than 200 years. So a lot of the Spanish influence was not from immigrants, since this was essentially a Spanish possession.
Eh, Tampa wasn't around during the Spanish years. I don't think a lot of people realize how new of a city Tampa really is. As a matter of fact, the name "Tampa" is a misspelled Native American word (Tanpa) believed to mean "Sticks of Fire." Fort Brooke was established shortly after the U.S. purchased Florida from Spain. After the Civil War, the U.S. decided to discontinue the fort and the members who were there decided to stay in the Tampa area. While the fort was demolished, the name can be traced to about 1907 when Fort Brooke was finally annexed by the city of Tampa, which had been populated as the downtown area just outside of the fort.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,522 times
Hm. I was going to post a thread asking about racism in Tampa, but this thread has made that completely unnecessary...so thanks for that, I guess.

Between the people in here complaining about immigrants and Blacks and the appropriately-Aryan-fetishist-named guy insisting that minorities ruin cities, I guess my parents were right about FL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay