Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:08 AM

13 posts, read 60,750 times

Advertisements

24th Ave. and Gulf Blvd is the closest beach acces that I can find coming from Largo, is that correct?

I have been coming to the Gulf area for the past 20 years. Almost everytime I think about buying some property. After doing the math on the condo or house or duplex it never worked out. Once you add on the taxes,insurance, management fees your in the hole.

But this Largo area has some good properties that could make for a good investment.

That is why I am asking all the questions, the local people have the best answers.

Thank you for your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 10:15 AM

13 posts, read 60,750 times
The area I am looking at is 33770 zip code. When you google this zip(33770) it comes up Belleair Bluffs.

The properties I am interested in have 33770 zip, but they say Largo.

Is this the Bellair Bluffs (33770) you are talking about?

Thank you.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:17 PM

598 posts, read 2,269,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behappy View Post
The area I am looking at is 33770 zip code. When you google this zip(33770) it comes up Belleair Bluffs.

The properties I am interested in have 33770 zip, but they say Largo.

Is this the Bellair Bluffs (33770) you are talking about?

Thank you.

Belleair Bluffs is roughly 3/4 sq miles. It begins at Belleair Causway and extends west to 20th St. North side is Mellenbacker and downsouth to just above Bay Dr. My folks had a home west of Indian Rocks Rd. Nice area. Just be careful looking at that zip code as I think there are some rather undesireable areas in there (south of bay dr).

http://www.belleairbluffs.org/ba_map.htm

Old 12-20-2006, 02:11 PM

628 posts, read 1,834,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
Largo's not a beach community per se, really just a regular city of neighborhoods. There really isn't a "downtown", but they do have a large park where there are some events. They city is trying to move forward. They have been working on a revitalizing of the central part of town (Bay Dr. & Clearwater-Largo Rd.) with mixed success. Really it's a fine place to live as is Seminole, St Pete, Clearwater, Dunedin... all of Pinellas has some very nice areas. I don't know what your budget is like but if you want to live close to the water without being right AT the water, you may want to look into Belleair Bluffs or even Belleair. It's very easy access to the gulf beaches, you can walk to Belleair Beach and there are nice homes but the home prices are less than being in IR Beach or something. Also Safety Harbour is a great little old-fashioned town right on the bay that would be worth considering. You can walk to the water or to one of the BEST parks in Pinellas (Phillipe Park) from just about anywhere in town. Very quaint and family friendly.

Oh, if you cross Belleair Causeway from Largo to the Gulf, you do NOT have access there. Actually you can't even see the beach along most of Gulf Blvd because of all the McMansions and condo buildings. It's a little drive to the north to Sand Key Beach (My fav) or further north across the bridge to Clearwater Beach. If you go south, there are a couple small access spots along the way but I think it's a bit of a drive to an "actual" beach area. Although Belleair Beach is a small beach with parking right there and a boat launch.

One thing that is really cool about living near the Intercoastal... the fireworks are awesome!
behappy

Summergal is right here are a few photos that might better explain:

Belleair bridge - On the far side of the bridge there are small beaches (each side) and further inland is Largo.

[CENTER]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/TampaBayFly12-5-06133copy.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

Heres one of the beaches at the bridge where they allow dogs

[CENTER]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/DSC_0339.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

Heres a shot of Sand Key just north of the bridge and then a shot of Indian Rocks Beach just to the south

[CENTER]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/TampaBayFly12-5-06124copy.jpg (broken link)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/TampaBayFly12-5-06147copy.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

As you can see that there is little direct access to the beach because of private homes and condos. However Clearwater Beach is nearby and St Pete Beach down to Pass-a-Grille Beach are not to far to travel. I have lots of photos of these areas on Florida Pics

Old 12-20-2006, 03:36 PM

944 posts, read 3,849,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossMann View Post
Largo is a nice settled community
My experience, and what I have been told by locals, is that Largo is one of the more transient areas of Pinellas, especially around "downtown." I don't know if that is what you meant by settled or not.

I think (not going by census, just guessing from observation) it might be the most diverse area in terms of age, race, nationality etc. The housing spread is unbelievable, from rundown to huge mansions.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shores9 View Post
behappy

As you can see that there is little direct access to the beach because of private homes and condos. However Clearwater Beach is nearby and St Pete Beach down to Pass-a-Grille Beach are not to far to travel. I have lots of photos of these areas on Florida Pics
Those are some fantastic photos! Did you take those???

BTW, have you heard about the "Beach Walk" Clearwater is planning? Like this really long thing I guess with a jogging/biking trail and bathrooms and I don't know what else... I'll have to do a google.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Those are some fantastic photos! Did you take those???

BTW, have you Clearwater is planning? Like this really long thing I guess with a jogging/biking trail and bathrooms and I don't know what else... I'll have to do a google.
Thanks - Yes these are mine. I fly out of Clearwater St Pete Airport and love flying from there across to the NE St Pete area down over the Skyway and back up to Tarpon. Its a beautiful ride and take my camera most of the time. When the visability is good the pics come out great.

I've not heard about the "Beach Walk" keep us posted please

Old 12-20-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks - Yes these are mine. I fly out of Clearwater St Pete Airport and love flying from there across to the NE St Pete area down over the Skyway and back up to Tarpon. Its a beautiful ride and take my camera most of the time. When the visability is good the pics come out great.

I've not heard about the "Beach Walk" keep us posted please
You fly? Now that is a treat! You have the best views of anybody

Oh myclearwater has a whole page about this! *Note all the high-rise private resorts they are putting up along there* *sigh* that's disappointing...

http://www.myclearwater.com/gov/dept...cts/beachwalk/

Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
You fly? Now that is a treat! You have the best views of anybody

Oh myclearwater has a whole page about this! *Note all the high-rise private resorts they are putting up along there* *sigh* that's disappointing...

http://www.myclearwater.com/gov/dept...cts/beachwalk/
The Beach Walk proposal actually looks pretty nice. I hope they can pull it off??

I so Clearwater will be off the charts as far as desirability, just the thought of such a project is encouraging.

Yes I Fly - I’m just a plain old private pilot but it is a real treat (also a lot of work).

Here’s 2 Clearwater Beach Pics and one of another little jewel Honeymoon Island State Park (for those unfamiliar it's just north of Clearwater beach)

[CENTER]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/TampaBayFly12-5-06112copy.jpg (broken link)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/TampaBayFly12-5-06110copy.jpg (broken link)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/TampaBayFly12-5-0695copy.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

Old 12-20-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
The Beach Walk proposal actually looks pretty nice. I hope they can pull it off??
I hope so too. It would be nice to have a "walkable" beach with little shops and cafes along the way, maybe even live music at night... Clearwater sure needs some "life". lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay