Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 05:41 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Be patient.
Construction companies are building apartment complexes like there's no tomorrow.
Soon the market will be over saturated and rental prices will drop.
Not just Tampa but other cities as well.
I agree with the fact that, there are so many apartment buildings being constructed all over Tampa Bay, but have you gone into any of them?

The problem, I see is the Apartments are ridiculously expensive and much smaller compared to older apartment buildings.

a 1 bedroom/ 1 bath costs $1,250 and is 675 square feet. That is basically a hotel suite at any Hilton Hotels. Who in the world is building these buildings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 06:13 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I agree with the fact that, there are so many apartment buildings being constructed all over Tampa Bay, but have you gone into any of them?

The problem, I see is the Apartments are ridiculously expensive and much smaller compared to older apartment buildings.

a 1 bedroom/ 1 bath costs $1,250 and is 675 square feet. That is basically a hotel suite at any Hilton Hotels. Who in the world is building these buildings?
Where? Downtown, maybe, not in the 'burbs. Please provide some data to back up your claims.

And if you're using housing in the downtown area as an example for hourly workers, uh, I think there's something wrong with your model...

RM

Old 07-02-2018, 12:54 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,972 times
To the original poster. You have to basically rent a room and live with roommates or get someone with good credit to co-sign with you on the lease if making certain low wages. Florida cities are not cheap.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Where? Downtown, maybe, not in the 'burbs. Please provide some data to back up your claims.

And if you're using housing in the downtown area as an example for hourly workers, uh, I think there's something wrong with your model...

RM
Here is 2 examples from Clearwater and Dunedin.

Click on the floor plans at THE NOLENS in Clearwater.
https://www.thenolen.com/clearwater-...ntment%20click

Click on the floor plans for THE DUNEDIN COMMONS in Dunedin.
https://www.dunedincommonsapartments.com/

There are so many more being built as we speak.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Here is 2 examples from Clearwater and Dunedin.

Click on the floor plans at THE NOLENS in Clearwater.
https://www.thenolen.com/clearwater-...ntment%20click

Click on the floor plans for THE DUNEDIN COMMONS in Dunedin.
https://www.dunedincommonsapartments.com/

There are so many more being built as we speak.
And so many that mimic the same properties being built in downtown Tampa. These aren't suburban apartments, these are high end properties that are gated and have private clubhouses with all sorts of amenities. You can't compare or suggest that hourly workers would even be considering trying to lease a place like this.

Apples and oranges.

Here are a number of properties in the Brandon area that are quite affordable and without all the froo-froo garbage like "pickle ball courts" in the places you listed:

https://www.rent.com/florida/brandon...BoC-R4QAvD_BwE

None of them are anything spectacular, but they're certainly livable and far less expensive.

Champagne tastes with a beer budget...

RM

Old 07-03-2018, 05:28 PM

Thank You for posting all those less expensive places to live. I hope it helps people to find a place to live.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Thank You for posting all those less expensive places to live. I hope it helps people to find a place to live.
It's all there, courtesy of the Google. If someone isn't capable enough to search for housing, they've got far more pressing issues that need to be addressed first.

RM

Old 07-04-2018, 09:03 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,283,652 times
Had no idea what pickle courts were but I used that Google thingy that you suggested and was able to expand my knowledge on them.
Thanks, Morty!

Old 07-05-2018, 01:44 PM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,972 times
Also, people need to take into factor if you live in Brandon, Riverview, etc. and work downtown and westward bound. Calculate tolls and gas money as well. Maybe that cheaper rent was not worth it. Just saying.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:18 PM

67 posts, read 60,670 times
We were fortunate to find a somewhat dumpy but affordable rental in Tampa south of Kennedy.The thing is we are fully aware of the fact that if our landlord decides to raise the rent,we're out of here.We see the writing on the wall in terms of rapid changes,accelerating rent and too few places for lower income working people.What developers never consider when they're cranking out high end rentals is where the working folks will live while serving the needs of this income crowd.When one factors in driving,time,gas ,parking fees the numbers won't match up.It won't be worth anyone's time unless they're living in a several tenant split the rent type of situation.We hope to be out of here before it gets too out of control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay