Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 06:15 PM

491 posts, read 472,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
No way, anything I list will be shredded by you. Why bother? I feel sorry for any server, flight attendant, Hotel clerk, etc. that ever has to interact with you, actually.
As residents of the area we want to support good places who are trying to build rapport/retention with guests. We have our favorite spots, but many Tampa restaurants seem to be lacking quite a bit in service/experience. I'd love to hear your favorite spots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 10:23 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
No way, anything I list will be shredded by you. Why bother? I feel sorry for any server, flight attendant, Hotel clerk, etc. that ever has to interact with you, actually.
Yeah I was about to start listing a few, including one of my favorites in St-Pete, but... Yeah, let's not open that can of worms lol.

Old 01-22-2020, 11:51 AM

My one observation is the chain restaurant mentality is prominent throughout many "local" establishments in the area...where the customer is just a # and nothing more. Within a few weeks you can tell just by the general attitude the places that wont make it. Maybe I'm just not totally settled in as a Floridian yet and expecting different isnt realistic. Luckily we've found a few spots we like.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:03 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
As residents of the area we want to support good places who are trying to build rapport/retention with guests. We have our favorite spots, but many Tampa restaurants seem to be lacking quite a bit in service/experience. I'd love to hear your favorite spots!

I'm very reluctant to do this, but since you're new to the Bay.....

My favorite Brunch place is Jackson's, on Harbor Island. We've been attached to the same server (Shawna) for 6 years now. If she's off, we wait until our next trip down - she is that amazing.

On the other side of the Bay in wonderful little Gulfport, a place called O'Maddy's is our second home when we're in town. We stay within walking distance, and have become friends with half the staff there.

We are also in love with the staff at Mad Fish, in St. Pete Beach.

We routinely get great service all over the Bay actually, I guess it's the luck of the draw. We very rarely go to chains, all of our faves are independent places. Funny though, this seems to be the case wherever we go - not just Tampa Bay.

I have more, but this is a sample.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:

My favorite Brunch place is Jackson's, on Harbor Island. We've been attached to the same server (Shawna) for 6 years now. If she's off, we wait until our next trip down - she is that amazing.

On the other side of the Bay in wonderful little Gulfport, a place called O'Maddy's is our second home when we're in town. We stay within walking distance, and have become friends with half the staff there.

We routinely get great service all over the Bay actually, I guess it's the luck of the draw. We very rarely go to chains, all of our faves are independent places. Funny though, this seems to be the case wherever we go - not just Tampa Bay.

Thanks! We've had good experiences at Jackson's. The place could use some TLC, though.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
Thanks! We've had good experiences at Jackson's. The place could use some TLC, though.
Agreed. But the views, food and service make it easy to overlook. Not necessarily in that order, though.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:34 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:

I've had pretty good experiences at the Birch & Vine at the Birchwood in St-Pete.

Also in St-Pete, we've also enjoyed Parkshore a lot.

Just off the top of my head.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I've had pretty good experiences at the Birch & Vine at the Birchwood in St-Pete.

Also in St-Pete, we've also enjoyed Parkshore a lot.

Just off the top of my head.
Ditto on both. Love the rooftop at Birch & Vine.

Old 01-24-2020, 04:11 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,240 times
Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more!!!

Old 01-24-2020, 04:47 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
It is WAY TOO HOT for January. I knew we would break records yesterday with that heat. And the pollen is out of control high way too early because of the heat.
Only get worse over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay