Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 04:05 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lflanagan1 View Post
What is the Sinkhole activity in Valencia Lakes
love offering info and OP never acknowledging it...maybe someone else thinking about VL will glean information - good community, imo, good developer/builder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 06:29 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
love offering info and OP never acknowledging it...maybe someone else thinking about VL will glean information - good community, imo, good developer/builder.
Almost as good as the ones who spam multiple threads with nothing to add but complaints....

Even if the OP never acknowledges it, the posts are there and searchable for others to see and read, so it adds value to the forum.

RM

Old 05-06-2020, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 824 times
Can you drive your golf cart to Walmart and Sun City Center golf courses from Valencia Lakes?

Thank you in advance!

Old 08-01-2020, 02:01 PM

7 posts, read 8,902 times
Valencia Del Sol is a new community in River area and the entire Wimauma community is undergoing a tremendous modification from a rural farm community to an upper middle class serene environment.The homes are situated in esort like developments.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:02 PM

7 posts, read 8,902 times
Affirmative;the community is an oasis

Old 02-26-2022, 05:48 PM

8 posts, read 4,393 times
Default Valencia Lakes Shopping and Restaurants

I've been in the area for 5 months and can say there is very little in the way of shopping and restaurants. The only upscale restaurant is in Apollo Beach (Circles). You would have to drive either to Brandon (about 25-30 minutes away) or to Bradenton and Sarasota (about 30-40 minutes) for Target, Costco, etc. The malls in Brandon and Sarasota get very crowded since everyone from the towns in between are also traveling there to shop and eat. The traffic on 75 is heavy after 3pm and before 9am, so plan accordingly.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:06 AM

383 posts, read 634,591 times
Valencia Lakes is a nice 55+ community in Wimauma. Someone hit it on the head. An oasis in the middle of farmland and a poor area.
I lived in Waterset which is on Big Bend Road and is a huge master planned community. Traffic in the area is crazy because of all of the building going on. I know they were going to work on a i75 overpass to relieve congestion. I’m not sure if that’s finished yet.
You can probably find fast food restaurants galore, but if you want anything decent you have to go to Tampa or St Pete.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:41 AM

8 posts, read 4,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
Valencia Lakes is a nice 55+ community in Wimauma. Someone hit it on the head. An oasis in the middle of farmland and a poor area.
I lived in Waterset which is on Big Bend Road and is a huge master planned community. Traffic in the area is crazy because of all of the building going on. I know they were going to work on a i75 overpass to relieve congestion. I’m not sure if that’s finished yet.
You can probably find fast food restaurants galore, but if you want anything decent you have to go to Tampa or St Pete.
When did you move out of Waterset?

We've been staying in Waterset with my kids. It's definitely too congested on Big Bend. There are shopping areas to be built on the side near 41 and more on Big Bend. The problem with new areas in Florida is the lack of infrastructure. Not enough roads and traffic lights to control traffic and make it safe. We've been looking at various communities to move to, but cannot feel comfortable with what we've seen.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:56 PM

383 posts, read 634,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeshoreLainie View Post
When did you move out of Waterset?

We've been staying in Waterset with my kids. It's definitely too congested on Big Bend. There are shopping areas to be built on the side near 41 and more on Big Bend. The problem with new areas in Florida is the lack of infrastructure. Not enough roads and traffic lights to control traffic and make it safe. We've been looking at various communities to move to, but cannot feel comfortable with what we've seen.
We moved in in 2014 when there were only 100 homes built. We moved out in 2018. Yes, Hillborough country moves very slow on improving the infrastructure. They are still working on the overpass to i75 on BBR to avoid the accidents that occur there weekly. We moved out of Florida altogether and now live in Phoenix. Both places have their pros and cons but I prefer the dry weather as opposed to the humidity.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:13 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
We moved in in 2014 when there were only 100 homes built. We moved out in 2018. Yes, Hillborough country moves very slow on improving the infrastructure. They are still working on the overpass to i75 on BBR to avoid the accidents that occur there weekly. We moved out of Florida altogether and now live in Phoenix. Both places have their pros and cons but I prefer the dry weather as opposed to the humidity.
The infrastructure issues here are twofold:

1.) Developers and County commissioners are too close, meaning that our impact fees have been kept low for far too long. If you look at Pasco County where impact fees have kept pace with growth, they're pretty much on top of things.

2.) The system in Hillsborough County as far as how impact fees are used is goofy as heck. The developer that built Waterset paid fees, but those fees went to another project somewhere else that was at the top of the list. The work needed to address the infrastructure around Waterset will be paid by a future developer in that area when those projects move to the top of the list. It's just silly.

I split the difference - I live both here and in Flagstaff, much more comfortable than the Valley. That being said, last Saturday morning I was sweeping snow off my steps and on Sunday I was here raking copious amounts of oak leaves. Looking forward to heading back shortly. I prefer northern AZ, however, there are limits to some of the services there that prevent me from being there year 'round.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay