Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 04:25 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Allnut View Post
Of course you take precautions, just like wearing seat belts, but to live in fear of even going to get milk is not the way to go.
I've been through a lot worse than this as have many, and to suggest we should remain inside our house until an all clear is sounded is silly.

Get outside and get some free vitamin D. Take a walk, go fishing, sit by the front door and wave at neighbors, just get out of this "we're all going to die" mode and at least enjoy the breath of life you have right now.

Enjoy the Sunshine State, get out and enjoy life.
Okay, I see, you're changing your position to a point of getting out but keeping your distance - very different.

Thread is about going to Publix for groceries and being in closer proximity to others. Being out and about away from others is a low risk thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 04:39 PM

413 posts, read 209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
We are in Dunedin down the street from the Publix that had two employees test positive. We don’t shop there so it doesn’t affect us but it is strange that all these Publix stores are having cases. A common distributor maybe is infecting them.
What is a high possibility of transmission are the Instacart delivery people they use. They are going in & out of the stores constantly and then delivering to people's homes. Lots of cross contamination. I know of one delivery person who was deathly ill with the virus, but they refused to stop her from working. I even reported it to multiple news agencies, after reporting it to multiple Publix local & corporate managers, but none of them cared to investigate it either. She is touching all their goods and in essence, hand delivering the virus to the customer's front doors.

Old 04-17-2020, 04:43 PM

413 posts, read 209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
The Bible says "End of Days".
The Bible is nothing but a fictional book written by men who want to control other people. Nothing in it can be taken seriously. This has nothing to do with a make belief book or a make belief deity in the sky.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:34 PM

417 posts, read 267,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Okay, I see, you're changing your position to a point of getting out but keeping your distance - very different.

Thread is about going to Publix for groceries and being in closer proximity to others. Being out and about away from others is a low risk thing to do.
No I have not changed my position.
The original thread question was would you change your shopping habits now that some Publix employees have test positive. I answered “NO” as it does not change the way I shop.

You furthered the conversation by instructing me on well-known precautions. I explained the seat belt parallel as an example of precautions we all take in every aspect of our lives as it is common practice to take precautions.

Then you asked me; “Get out and enjoy it? Isn't FL under a stay at home recommendation when not doing essential business like groceries, gas?”
So, I commented on getting outside to enjoy Florida and not having to sit inside all day and then listed some example activities which of course is off thread but was in the spirit of answering your question directed to me.

Yes, I get out and about and when in a place of business such as Publix, I abide by the new rules such as the distance marks on the floors because that is the respectful thing to do. Beyond that, personally I take no other safety precautions beyond what I already have done for years (hand sanitizer, washing hands, etc). Maybe being a slight germaphobic all these years put me ahead of the curve.

So my original answer to the original thread question remains "no".

Enjoy the Sunshine State, get out and enjoy life!

Old 04-18-2020, 06:48 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,878,692 times
Yeah, the primary prevention is still true - wash hands, don't touch face, avoid sick people, don't go out if you're sick. Obviously, those first two are to make up for the last two. Primary transmission is still "mouth to mouth" so to speak...sick person exhales / sneezes / coughs and next guy inhales / touches nose / eyes / mouth. Infection from simply touching a thing - that a sick person also touched in recent history - not expected to be a main source of transmission.

Meantime, TB12, after 5000 years of organized religion, I'm surprised no one said what you've said before. Original.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:09 AM

983 posts, read 609,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
What is a high possibility of transmission are the Instacart delivery people they use. They are going in & out of the stores constantly and then delivering to people's homes. Lots of cross contamination. I know of one delivery person who was deathly ill with the virus, but they refused to stop her from working. I even reported it to multiple news agencies, after reporting it to multiple Publix local & corporate managers, but none of them cared to investigate it either. She is touching all their goods and in essence, hand delivering the virus to the customer's front doors.
That is awful that this person was potentially exposing everyone to the virus with the deliveries. I don’t understand why Publix would even let that occur. Lawsuit waiting to happen, I would guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay