Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 07:47 PM

55 posts, read 155,657 times

Advertisements

I'm strongly considering a move to Tampa and spent last weekend looking at rentals. I saw a ton of places but focused mostly on the South Tampa area. I found a few townhomes I really liked, but I am hoping to find a place that has some type of small fenced-in area for my dog. Any suggestions for communities where I can find a townhouse or single family home with a fenced in backyard--to rent?

I'm not against further-out areas like Westchase and am open to other areas as well, as long as they aren't too remote--I want to have relatively easy access to shopping, entertainment, etc.

Thoughts?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 04:28 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
The Bay at Cypress Creek at State Road 56 has screened in patio's in which you can keep you dog. This is a beautiful gated community. There are town homes for sale and for rent. It is close to (1 min) to I-75 and close to the 3 new malls, and close to the Bruce B. Downs. Great Location but not South of Tampa. It is close to where I-75 splits into I-275.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:48 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,380,491 times
for fenced in rental homes/townhomes have you checked craigslist or tbo.com for private rentals? I know of quite a few i've seen just driving around South Tampa area.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
for fenced in rental homes/townhomes have you checked craigslist or tbo.com for private rentals? I know of quite a few i've seen just driving around South Tampa area.
Hi there. Yes, I check craigslist obsessively (every day, multiple times a day). However their search function isn't the most advanced so it's tough to identify properties that have fences and are newer. I have found a lot of great places that I'd love to live in but do not have fenced in areas.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:30 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
In the Tamapa area I don't think we have fenced in Town Homes only once who have a fenced in patio on which you can keep a dog. Some even have ceiling fans to keep the dog cool.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:11 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
I have seen TH with a fenced in patio in Clearwater. There's not too many , as I found out when we moved here and wanted that. Are you working with a real estate person, who might find exacly what you want. I would sy that's one way of getting it , besides what others have suggested.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancnie View Post
I have seen TH with a fenced in patio in Clearwater. There's not too many , as I found out when we moved here and wanted that. Are you working with a real estate person, who might find exacly what you want. I would sy that's one way of getting it , besides what others have suggested.
I am working with a realtor....unfortunately the MLS listings are not always accurate as far as fenced/not fenced so she has to comb through listings one by one. I just wanted to get an idea of if such a thing even existed. Even if I have to move a little further out, I'd really like to get a fenced yard.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:15 PM

2 posts, read 6,697 times
Canterbury Trail at Cross Creek in New Tampa has some units that face Cross Creek Blvd that have fenced in courtyards. There are also a few townhome communities in the back of Meadow Pointe in Wesley Chapel that have fenced in courtyards.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:39 PM

11 posts, read 26,084 times
I am looking for the same exact thing. townhome or single family home in the south tampa area wih fenced in yard for my dog. did you ever find a townhome that has that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay