Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:10 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times

Advertisements

Recently, I visited the Lodge at Lakecrest for their grand opening. It's a beautiful complex but out of place compared to the surroundings. The three-story condos were very nice (if you like steps). Also, it's so close by that I wondered about the smells coming from the Congo at Busch Gardens. Here's a link to the condo community --> Lodge at LakeCrest.

To respond to the OP, I'd suggest you also look at Raintree Village. It's a condo community just east of USF in Temple Terrace and built in the mid 1980s. At the moment there are 5 available on the retail market ranging from $795 - $925. One listing says it includes both cable and washer/dryer. Because they're privately owned, some of the units will be upgraded, but some will also have the original appointments. Also, you would be dealing with a landlord and not apartment management just in case that matters.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 05-17-2008 at 09:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 11:24 AM

428 posts, read 1,630,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Recently, I visited the Lodge at Lakecrest for their grand opening. It's a beautiful complex but out of place compared to the surroundings.
What matter if you're renting? These are not condos, they are all rentals, as far as I know.

The three-story condos were very nice (if you like steps). Also, it's so close by that I wondered about the smells coming from the Congo at Busch Gardens. Here's a link to the condo community --> Lodge at LakeCrest.

My kids rented an apartment on 1st floor, but I agree--3 floors is a lot of stairs to deal with. I don't think the smells will be a problem! Some apartments are close to dumpsters, and that's where I would worry about smells!

Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
Sorry, I was unclear. Hope the following makes better sense.

Lodge at Lakecrest is an all rental apartment community owned and developed by The Hanover Company out of Houston, Tx.

Raintree Village is a community of privately owned individual units.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:44 AM

14 posts, read 110,986 times
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely look into both. Don't know which is better, landlord or manage company.
I am now tending to rend in either temple terrace or carollwood, Any suggestion on which one is better? traffic wise and safety wise.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:24 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,245,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstam4 View Post
honest question - how can people afford these rent levels? i'm coming from pittsburgh, where i pay $525 including ALL utilities for a great 1 BR right off the pitt campus...and i won't be able to get anything for less than $900 total in a decent neighborhood for USF. i dont have that kind of money even with my fellowship, but i have no choice!
I pay $900 ish for a really big 2 bedroom in New Tampa..... (good deal on rent); however, most really nice 1 bedrooms were $750-800 when I was looking, so you're figure is a bit high

Old 07-12-2008, 05:08 PM

3 posts, read 10,756 times
Default St Croix apartments

I have one bedroom in gated community on Bruce B Downs. It is maybe 10 mins with traffic to USF. Quiet, safe yet has plenty of stuff like pools, fitness center, tennis courts, etc. [mod].. [/mod]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyda View Post
I am looking for a one bedroom apartment starting in the middle of June.
after reading some of the posts and do a lot of google search.
I just wondering whether someone can give me some advice on where to live.
I have some place in mind from my top to low preference

my budget is around $1000 for everything (rent, utility, high speed internet + premium cable)
and I am looking for safe place with moderate traffic to USF in the morning.

1. new tempa/tempa palms
2. Oldsmar? (close to upper tampa bay park around w hillsborough ave , i contact preserve at mobley bay, seems nice and i suppose it is close to beach but I was a little worried about traffic to USF)
2. carrollwood (i read that there is a dead man in some lake recently)
3. temple terrace
5. lutz, FL 33559 (it is called preserve at Deer Park Aprtment and I read that it is not safe in that area)

I am not quite familiar with name of neighborhood in tempa, so please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks a lot.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-13-2008 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: no email me messages allowed.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,083 times
You may want to check out The Grand Reserve at Tampa Palms. They usually have some pretty good specials, and the apartments are huge I've lived there going on 3 years now and love it. It's close to campus and I-75. It's a good area and convenient to pretty much anything. I looked at The Lodge at Lake Crest right after they were built, mainly out of curiousity. Sure, they're beautiful apartments, but it's right smack in the ghetto and the rent is outrageous.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:32 AM

428 posts, read 1,630,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtampa08 View Post
You may want to check out The Grand Reserve at Tampa Palms. They usually have some pretty good specials, and the apartments are huge I've lived there going on 3 years now and love it. It's close to campus and I-75. It's a good area and convenient to pretty much anything. I looked at The Lodge at Lake Crest right after they were built, mainly out of curiousity. Sure, they're beautiful apartments, but it's right smack in the ghetto and the rent is outrageous.
Well, I must say, I would feel bad if I had let my kids live right smack in the ghetto! They have been in the Lodge at LakeCrest for 2 months now, and they love it. The rent is $830 per month.

I hate to keep repeating myself--and I am NOT an agent for this apartment complex!--but I looked pretty closely at the surrounding area. It is situated with Busch Gardens immediately south, Adventure Island and office complexes to the east, more Busch Gardens buildings and office complexes to the west, and the new M2Gen research center to the north. Just further to the north is Fowler Ave and the USF campus. There is NO, I repeat, NO "ghetto" until you get west of 30th st, or east of 46th (which is really not bad), or south of Busch.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:47 PM

69 posts, read 203,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernlove2 View Post
I have one bedroom in gated community on Bruce B Downs. It is maybe 10 mins with traffic to USF. Quiet, safe yet has plenty of stuff like pools, fitness center, tennis courts, etc. Moderator cut: ..
Yuck! I had a friend who lived there and she had a bug problem, you can find a better place for the amount of money you'll spend at St. Roach. Try Crosscreek@ Bruce B. Downs., you could take Morris bridge road to get to USF. Good luck

Old 12-13-2008, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,720 times
agree except bearss really isnt the same as 4 years ago. lived in campus lodge when only the buildings at the pool where open and built. completly diff. now it is income restricted housing. if you have 1000 dollars for rent and utilities you better look more into tampa palms off of bruce b downs lived there for 3 years. no theft or crime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay