Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 02:43 PM

491 posts, read 472,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You don't think that this is real?
I mean it's nothing to panic over if you are vaccinated. If you go outside life is completely normal. This whole hospitals overflowing is fear mongering. It didn't even happen during the peak last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 06:34 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Mcnealy View Post
I mean it's nothing to panic over if you are vaccinated. If you go outside life is completely normal. This whole hospitals overflowing is fear mongering. It didn't even happen during the peak last year.
So the multiple Doctors and Administrators on TV that are sounding the alarm are ALL lying. Got it.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:43 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
I call BS to your claim about hospitals.

I've had family members in TGH and St. Joe's in the past two weeks. It's very, very real. In TGH they've retasked an old boiler or chiller room on the north end of the hospital and set it up as an infectious disease ward called the "GEDI" to handle the overflow. St. Joe's simply isn't admitting people from what I saw, and the ones they have admitted are being stuck in spots all over the hospital as space becomes available.

This is not fear mongering, it's reality. Hospitals and medical staff are overwhelmed. I have experienced this directly in multiple hospitals, and I challenge anyone to prove it's "fear mongering".

RM

Old 08-11-2021, 07:07 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
I would like to hear from a doctor, nurse or other hospital worker here that this is all fake news fear-mongering and things are going swimmingly at the hospitals.

None of the docs I know say it's fake news.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I would like to hear from a doctor, nurse or other hospital worker here that this is all fake news fear-mongering and things are going swimmingly at the hospitals.

I have a family member who is in home care right now. The nurse who is working with them said they have seen over 30 deaths in the last year of patients they were personally caring for - the last 8 or 10 were people under 40 who were unvaccinated and didn't follow protocols like masking. They also said there are easily twice that many that they have cared for with long term medical issues that are a direct result of contracting COVID.

People who are in denial or more worried about their personal rights are far more likely to die or be affected, but I have resigned myself that this is a function of Darwin and will hopefully make the world a better place for the rest of us. Or one could chalk this up to being "most right" - if that's a point someone feels they have to make, it's assumed they're willing to pay the price.

So be it.

RM

Old 08-11-2021, 11:33 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
It's weird how the flu and any other respiratory illness just dissapeared.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:55 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
It's also weird that the majority of the people who are currently in the hospital for this "flu" have been vaccinated.

Old 08-11-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I call BS to your claim about hospitals.

I've had family members in TGH and St. Joe's in the past two weeks. It's very, very real. In TGH they've retasked an old boiler or chiller room on the north end of the hospital and set it up as an infectious disease ward called the "GEDI" to handle the overflow. St. Joe's simply isn't admitting people from what I saw, and the ones they have admitted are being stuck in spots all over the hospital as space becomes available.

This is not fear mongering, it's reality. Hospitals and medical staff are overwhelmed. I have experienced this directly in multiple hospitals, and I challenge anyone to prove it's "fear mongering".

RM
And Im calling your claim BS. The CEO of Tampa General held a press conference late last week explaining that 85% of the people there were unvaxxed, while the other 15% had serious underlying conditions. The ICU was not near capacity.

Go outside. Things are normal.

Old 08-11-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post

every post you make here is dumping on florida/tampa. You list your other locations as paris and maui as if anyone gives a hoot. Everything you write here is eye rolling nonsense.

Old 08-11-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:
And Im calling your claim BS. The CEO of Tampa General held a press conference late last week explaining that 85% of the people there were unvaxxed, while the other 15% had serious underlying conditions. The ICU was not near capacity.

Go outside. Things are normal.
Don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing about the ICU.

I know what I saw. I'm sorry for your ignorance.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: