Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2021, 06:46 AM

137 posts, read 196,545 times

Advertisements

Which area is better Wesley Chapel or Palmer Ranch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 08:43 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDaCodet View Post
Which area is better Wesley Chapel or Palmer Ranch?
As far as what???

Old 11-14-2021, 10:00 AM

38 posts, read 37,226 times
too dissimilar, different counties, different policing, different schools, different traffic etc etc LOL

Old 11-15-2021, 09:14 AM

112 posts, read 134,720 times
I lived in WC for 10 years, I rather like the area as it has everything that one might want and most everything is fairly new. Traffic can be a little bad, but it is not terrible. Access to I75 and I25 is nice to have. Schools in the Meadow Pointe area are generally pretty good, you can go from pre-K through college all in the neighborhood. Taxes are relatively low, police presence could be much better, but the area is very safe anyways. Pasco county sheriff is kind of a mess, but they get the job done well enough.

However, WC is not near the beach, if proximity to the beach is desired then Palmer may be better. I never lived in Sarasota county or that area, so I cannot comment.

In general I prefer the Tampa metro to Sarasota. Sarasota is a slower pace and has less to offer in regards to dining options, entertainment, etc. Tampa has matured a lot over the last 15 years and is far ahead at this point. But maybe you desire a smaller place.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:50 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
To me comparing Wesley Chapel to Palmer Ranch is like comparing apples to oranges... These are two different life styles and proximity to large employment center. If job is not important I would def go with Palmer Ranch. Saying this as a resident of Wesley Chapel (18 years living here).

Wesley Chapel has grown a lot. It has advantages. Depending where you will be located in Wesley Chapel your commute to Interstate could vary from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. Taxes are also varies. If you purchased many years ago and sitting on homestead exemption in older community - your taxes will be lower. If you are building a new house your taxes with CDD could be 7K-12K easily in current market.

Traffic situation is getting worse and won't be better even after multiple construction road projects are complete.

Before buying consider renting to get a real feeling before making investment and watch out for school boundaries no matter where you will end up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay