Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 09:50 AM

9,175 posts, read 6,208,590 times

Advertisements

Wow - I am not imagining the price increases around here.

"Sunshine is still free -- but everything else in Tampa is getting expensive fast.

The Florida city had the worst inflation of any major U.S. metro area last month, with November prices up 8% from a year ago. That’s 300 basis points higher than in New York City, where prices rose 5% last month.

The Riverside, California, metro area and Dallas also saw inflation well above the countrywide average, at 7.9% and 7.5%, respectively. Nationwide, consumer prices surged 6.8%, the fastest annual pace in nearly 40 years, data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-8-in-november

https://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...ce=parsely-api

Inflation in NYC area was "only" 5%. Think this will stem the tide of people moving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 09:51 AM

30,459 posts, read 21,309,635 times
More like 16% country wide clyde.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:14 AM

361 posts, read 259,528 times
Here's the detail:

https://www.bls.gov/regions/southeas...ndex_tampa.htm

Looks like the meat eaters, renters/buyers and heavy drivers are taking the hit.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:26 AM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyperTyper View Post
Easy solution: retard legal and illegal migration and demand. Problem solved in part.
How does this solve inflation in Tampa? Our biggest driver is the 1000's of US citizens in the North, West Coast, and Mid West that will overpay to move to Florida, the ability to charge more for goods due to the constant influx of people reducing the need for stiff price competition (no need for Publix to offer more BOGO's or discounts), and the general lack of complaint or concern from consumers that might impact sales (people are still buying with increased cost).

If you are native to Florida you are getting killed right now if trying to buy a house. And I don't know how you save for a home with rent as high as it is in our area comparative to pay.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:53 PM

67 posts, read 54,607 times
If you don't think these illegal invaders are costing you, you're out to lunch. Higher taxes and inflation.

Old 12-14-2021, 05:05 PM

225 posts, read 179,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMC81 View Post
If you don't think these illegal invaders are costing you, you're out to lunch. Higher taxes and inflation.

Agreed,..period.

Last edited by Sunscape; 12-15-2021 at 05:19 AM..

Old 12-15-2021, 06:01 AM

225 posts, read 179,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
How does this solve inflation in Tampa? Our biggest driver is the 1000's of US citizens in the North, West Coast, and Mid West that will overpay to move to Florida, the ability to charge more for goods due to the constant influx of people reducing the need for stiff price competition (no need for Publix to offer more BOGO's or discounts), and the general lack of complaint or concern from consumers that might impact sales (people are still buying with increased cost).

If yu are native to Florida you are getting killed right now if trying to buy a house. And I don't know how you save for a home with rent as high as it is in our area comparative to pay.
Perhaps you didn't read and understand fully what I said?...I said retard legal and illegal MIGRATION (which means movement, er, within the US)....I didn't say ANYTHING about "IMMIGRATION". These two are not the same, friend......er, like "migration" from the NE to Florida....get it now?

Old 12-15-2021, 08:30 AM

9,175 posts, read 6,208,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyperTyper View Post
Perhaps you didn't read and understand fully what I said?...I said retard legal and illegal MIGRATION (which means movement, er, within the US)....I didn't say ANYTHING about "IMMIGRATION". These two are not the same, friend......er, like "migration" from the NE to Florida....get it now?
What is "illegal migration"? Do you mean the Mann Act?

Old 12-27-2021, 11:05 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,768,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post

If you are native to Florida you are getting killed right now if trying to buy a house. And I don't know how you save for a home with rent as high as it is in our area comparative to pay.
Exactly. In the old days, you would rent to be able to save for a house. Now you try to buy a house to avoid high rents, and you can't because it is hard to save due to the high cost of rent relative to income.

People say FL is not that costly compared to some other areas, but if you figure wages into the equation, it is quite expensive to live here.

I fail to see what the illegals have to do with it. They are not the ones buying up all the real estate and then turning them into rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay