Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 08:56 AM

2,341 posts, read 2,291,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen440 View Post
BTW, St. Petersburg is not mostly safe. Talk directly with LE.

A more accurate assessment is that SP is moderately safe..

We should all be wary of statistics however.

https://www.homesnacks.com/fl/st.-petersburg-crime/

Most of these posters don't live in SP and have never lived there, many that knowitall here on this site, just "arrived" here less than 8 years ago.

Watch out
I lived there for a year and a half. I don’t consider it dangerous, but it is less safe than it outwardly appears. I still say it’s mostly safe granted you stay aware of your surroundings and don’t stroll south of Central.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 09:21 AM

982 posts, read 608,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
So do you just stay locked in your house all day, since criminals also roam Publix and traverse "far from unsafe areas?"

What a life to live.
I thought the same. It seems sad to live that way.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:04 AM

99 posts, read 58,105 times
After going on it a couple more times I feel that it is fine during the day. I read some other threads about this on reddit, and people said that during the day it should be fine except for near the cemetary on 58th street

Old 05-27-2022, 10:41 AM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Common sense goes a long way. Don’t walk around (or bike, etc.) with a large purse in sight.
When I bike or rollerblade, I carry a backpack that has shoes and/or bike tools, water bottles, and maybe fruits and whatnot. My wallet stays at home. If someone wants to rob me, well, they’ll enjoy an apple and some random bike tools. If they’re lucky, there might be a cold Coors Light in there. Have fun with that.

Old 05-28-2022, 10:44 AM

113 posts, read 90,026 times
Quote:
So do you just stay locked in your house all day, since criminals also roam Publix and traverse "far from unsafe areas?"

What a life to live.

Yep, it's called "life", and STAY ALIVE and don't be stupid.

I'm armed most times - no worries, I'm not stupid about St. Pete, or stupid enough to actually believe the crime just south of Central stays there....how blind AND stupid...it's St. Pete!....crime is mobile...lol

Old 05-28-2022, 10:48 AM

113 posts, read 90,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttzie View Post
I thought the same. It seems sad to live that way.
It's worse "sad" to be "dead".

There is nothing "sad" about protecting yourself and your children. Teach your children not to be naive and stupid as well - that's truly "sad".

Get armed, be vigilant, be happy, not "sad".

Old 05-28-2022, 01:24 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Common sense goes a long way. Don’t walk around (or bike, etc.) with a large purse in sight.
When I bike or rollerblade, I carry a backpack that has shoes and/or bike tools, water bottles, and maybe fruits and whatnot. My wallet stays at home. If someone wants to rob me, well, they’ll enjoy an apple and some random bike tools. If they’re lucky, there might be a cold Coors Light in there. Have fun with that.
More importantly, it's being aware of your surroundings.

I protect myself if I'm going someplace where I'm concerned about crime, or if I'm responding to a FB or CL deal of some sort. If things look sketchy I move on.

RM

Old 05-28-2022, 08:11 PM

2,624 posts, read 1,219,929 times
I was walking on the trail the other week and smelled somebody smoking MARIJUANA in broad daylight

I couldn't believe my NOSE.

Smoking MARIJUANA in a public place, in broad daylight!

Unbelievably DANGEROUS.

DON'T walk alone and make sure that everyone has a weapon to protect yourselves with if you walk it.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times

Last edited by lavender; 05-29-2022 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: changed mind

Old 05-29-2022, 09:16 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Yesterday I went out for a nice ride on the Pinellas Trail. I saw an old lady on an electric bike get rushed by men cloaked in dark gear and ski masks. They just suddenly emerged from the shadows. Next thing I know, they accosted me, robbed me of all of my belongings, and then shot me. They threw gang symbols and danced over my body. They took my bike too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay