Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 01:30 PM

2,341 posts, read 2,291,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Soho = South Tampa. Fixed it for you. A portion of South Tampa.
Ahh ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Any true New Yorker knows that Soho is Manhattan, south of Houston Street.

And if you pronounce it like the city in Texas, you ain't a real New Yorker.
Huh? We are talking South Howard here, not Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 09:29 AM

64 posts, read 52,401 times
Well, we know that there are several parts of St. Petersburg are dangerous. WE lived there. All one has to do is closely look at the published police statistics/blotter. We think even parts of downtown have developed a bit of a strange atmosphere in the past 15 years or so. Truly dangerous compared to other cities? well not really.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:56 PM

96 posts, read 314,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Welcome to another New Yorker! Come on down! Now please open a decent bagel shop!
I'm probably late to the party but I cannot believe you haven't discovered St. Pete Bagel Co.
https://www.stpetebagelco.com/

Old 08-24-2022, 09:03 AM

845 posts, read 1,688,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Ybor City is about the only place you’re likely to visit that’s sketchy. The area where people visit isn’t that bad though, just keep your wits about you and it will be fine. Aside from that, there’s really nowhere to worry about as someone just visiting the city.

Edit: It occurred to me that Yelp could send you to Old West Tampa since they have a couple popular restaurants. I wouldn’t suggest going there.
We are staying in an Old West Tampa Air B 'n B right now. It's a 1 story duplex with each 850 sq foot unit having 2BR and 2 baths. New construction - sold for $599K last year. This is the 5th time we have stayed in this part of Old West Tampa - north of 275 and west of Howard Street and Armenia Ave. Apart from a few sketchy guys hanging aroiund a corner park artea on Howard Ave late at night - we have never seen or encountered any issues. We're actually looking to buy an investment property here. It DOES have some good restaurtants, but it's not a destination for a single person looking for nightlife - way too quiet for that.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:39 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonilee View Post
I'm probably late to the party but I cannot believe you haven't discovered St. Pete Bagel Co.
https://www.stpetebagelco.com/
Yes I discovered it years ago, and it sucked. Like I said in another post, I just have Ess-A-Bagel shipped.

Old 08-28-2022, 02:51 PM

40 posts, read 36,287 times
Default Town N country

Town N Country has a lot of high crime. People shooting each other in complexes and stealing from vehicles.

Old 09-01-2022, 03:48 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,229,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian813 View Post
Town N Country has a lot of high crime. People shooting each other in complexes and stealing from vehicles.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:51 PM

21 posts, read 22,977 times
There are common sense ways of spotting a bad area. Political correctness says we can't list all of them but the most common signs of trouble are:

1. Homes and businesses not kept up
2. Trash in the yards and on sidewalk
3. People hanging around outside businesses
4. People standing on sidewalk talking to passers by

When you see 2 or more, its an area in decline. If you see 3 or 4 of those signs and also in surrounding areas, its bad and you better go somewhere else.

You can look up crime stats by zip code but this will tell you most of what you need to know.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:10 AM

925 posts, read 1,333,851 times
There are crime all over Tampa. Obviously this is a late reply, but getting back to the OP about crime near bars/clubs, mix alchol/drugs+people out for thrills and you will get crime. There was a shooting at a lounge next to some 3000$ a month apts in downtown last month.

Check out gov stats
https://communitycrimemap.com/?address=tampa,fl

Looks like the area north of yhbor city to bush garden is the no go zone

If you live in the less affluent area, the criminals may live near you and commit local crimes including assault/battery, but they still travel to more affluent areas for bugarly/theft

Last edited by kasuga888; 11-27-2022 at 11:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay