Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2023, 09:03 PM

87 posts, read 142,122 times

Advertisements

it's doable. i done it. a few times.

but it takes about seven hours. yep.

1. hernando county "the bus" purple route to walmart on cortez blvd.

2..hernando county "the bus" blue route to bravera health hospital, spring hill.

3. pasco county "go pasco" rt. 20 bus to little road and s.r. 52 in hudson.

4. pasco county "the bus" rt. 23 bus to little road and s.r. 54 in new port richey.

5. pasco county "the bus" rt. 54 bus to wiregrass "hart" bus park-n-ride in wesley chapel.

6. "hart" bus rt. 275lx (limited express) bus to marion street transit center in downtown tampa.

7. "hart" bus rt. 10 to tpa "airport rental car facility" stop.

8. (finally) tpa airport people mover trams to airport terminal station.

so... yeah. it's "possible". although i doubt many people go to tampa from brooksville by local buses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2023, 10:47 AM

17,190 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Why would you do this when you can just take a Greyhound and get there in two and a half hours?

Old 03-12-2023, 11:41 AM

there are two greyhound buses from the greyhound stop near spring hill drive and the suncoast parkway to tampa, at 16:30 and 22:45. but I could only get to the 16:30 bus by bus from brooksville, which would take two buses. and the bus from tampa to the airport.

so yeah, I could have done the trip using the greyhound bus in about 5 hours. doing it that way takes 4 buses.

Old 03-12-2023, 07:22 PM

17,190 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrainride View Post
there are two greyhound buses from the greyhound stop near spring hill drive and the suncoast parkway to tampa, at 16:30 and 22:45. but I could only get to the 16:30 bus by bus from brooksville, which would take two buses. and the bus from tampa to the airport.

so yeah, I could have done the trip using the greyhound bus in about 5 hours. doing it that way takes 4 buses.
Interesting...
I mean, if you have time for it, lengthy local transit bus rides across several towns can actually be enjoyable. I was a bus rider when I lived in and around Orlando, particularly if my destination wasn't along the Sunrail line. Not because I had to, but because I didn't want to sit in traffic cursing at cars, and preferred to just pay $2, sit back and listen to music, read, play on my phone, etc.
I would ride the bus here if there was a stop within walking distance, but the nearest stop is I think 4 miles away.

Old 03-12-2023, 11:36 PM

kudos, actually, to florida cities regarding bus services. orlando has a great bus system. orlando, for one example. they have semi-express bus routes into downtown that run along some streets that also have local buses running down the same street. like the rt. 441 semi-express from kissimmee to central station in orlando runs along orange blossom trail and there is also a local bus, rt. 8 running on orange blossom trail that also ends in downtown orlando

it may sound esoteric but this is an impressive level of transit service for a small city. when i rode the express rt. 441 i got to see it pass the local bus making the local stops. this is a relatively rare level of service, all around the country. it reminds me of how you always see local trains on the adjacent tracks while riding an express subway up any manhattan subway line.

like i said, orlando has a serious, efficient surface transit system. like, it amazes me how every sunrail station has good connecting bus services. definitely, you could live in orlando without using your car alot. and I've lived in brooklyn so when it comes to transit i know my beans

Old 03-13-2023, 08:24 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrainride View Post
kudos, actually, to florida cities regarding bus services. orlando has a great bus system. orlando, for one example. they have semi-express bus routes into downtown that run along some streets that also have local buses running down the same street. like the rt. 441 semi-express from kissimmee to central station in orlando runs along orange blossom trail and there is also a local bus, rt. 8 running on orange blossom trail that also ends in downtown orlando

it may sound esoteric but this is an impressive level of transit service for a small city. when i rode the express rt. 441 i got to see it pass the local bus making the local stops. this is a relatively rare level of service, all around the country. it reminds me of how you always see local trains on the adjacent tracks while riding an express subway up any manhattan subway line.

like i said, orlando has a serious, efficient surface transit system. like, it amazes me how every sunrail station has good connecting bus services. definitely, you could live in orlando without using your car alot. and I've lived in brooklyn so when it comes to transit i know my beans
We live in Lakeland, and for such a small city as this, Lakeland has a pretty good transit system. Lakeland also benefits by its location between Tampa and Orlando, and is soon getting Flixbus service To Tampa, Orlando and Miami. Lakeland will also eventually get a Sunrail stop, and of course there is an Amtrak station here with trains running daily. It is also a bike-friendly city, with good bike paths throughout.

Old 03-14-2023, 06:03 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
What's the combined fare cost for all of those individual bus trips?

Old 03-14-2023, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
We live in Lakeland, and for such a small city as this, Lakeland has a pretty good transit system. Lakeland also benefits by its location between Tampa and Orlando, and is soon getting Flixbus service To Tampa, Orlando and Miami. Lakeland will also eventually get a Sunrail stop, and of course there is an Amtrak station here with trains running daily. It is also a bike-friendly city, with good bike paths throughout.
i hear you. as far as the location. the florida topography is friendly, so to speak, to rail travel. the patterns of development and all that. although i think you were referring to lakeland getting a brightline stop, of/when they build orlando to tampa. which you can do now but i think brightline will use a different railroad route.

speaking of that, it's definitely cheaper to go from tampa to orlando by train. less than twenty bucks.

Old 03-14-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
What's the combined fare cost for all of those individual bus trips?
about eleven bucks. there's actually another way to go by buses that heads all the way down highway 19 to st. petersburg and from there are buses over the howard frankland or the gandy bridge. i admit i like that route a little better because of the bridge buses. gives the trip a brooklyn feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay