Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 07:10 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,853,790 times

Advertisements

The guests at the table next to mine were served a LARGE INSECT still half-alive in their salad.

How would you have handled the situation? Because the guests did not demand a full refund. And I found that strange.

Old 05-17-2023, 07:18 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,384,782 times
HAHA!

That had to make for some serious drama.

RM

Old 05-17-2023, 07:51 AM

2,345 posts, read 2,294,144 times
Maybe there’s good cause for Michelin not awarding them a star.

Old 05-17-2023, 08:20 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,956,177 times
A full refund is a bit much for a Bern's check unless the waiter dumped dinner or a tray of drinks on you by mistake...or something similarly experience wrecking. No reason to go all Karen on a random mistake.

Old 05-17-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
A full refund is a bit much for a Bern's check unless the waiter dumped dinner or a tray of drinks on you by mistake...or something similarly experience wrecking. No reason to go all Karen on a random mistake.
Let's not normalize an experience that is actually a serious health code violation as "going all Karen". I have never been served a large insect on my plate, neither in high- nor low-end restaurants and I have been going to restaurants all over the world for decades. I eat at restaurants probably 5 times a week minimum.

I would expect the restaurant to comp at least half the meal if this had happened. That is what a great restaurant would do. It's called great customer service, not being a Karen. In fact, I have had restaurants VOLUNTARILY comp entrees, offer gift cards, credit full refunds for A LOT LESS than what I witnessed last night. One of the people at the table with the insect was dry heaving from realizing she had ingested insect entrails. Perhaps you enjoy eating insects or think insects in a salad are not a BFD. But in fact, as I said, it is a serious health code violation and from what I could tell, it ruined a family celebration. I actually think dumping a tray on someone is less egregious.

Very disappointing to see this lack of training or customer service at Bern's, where a steak entree alone can set you back $150. Certainly not a great restaurant whatsoever and with that kind of customer service, a Michelin star won't be coming anytime soon.

Last edited by sinatras; 05-17-2023 at 08:42 AM..

Old 05-17-2023, 08:54 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
The guests at the table next to mine were served a LARGE INSECT still half-alive in their salad.

How would you have handled the situation? Because the guests did not demand a full refund. And I found that strange.
So... what was the "large insect"? And if the guests didn't demand a refund, why do you care? If you find Bern's so repulsive and expensive how about you go elsewhere?

Old 05-17-2023, 09:16 AM

383 posts, read 281,274 times
Refund F&ck that I ain't paying anything and I certainly am NOT eating , insects in my food Im out

Old 05-17-2023, 10:28 AM

140 posts, read 111,610 times
Quote:
Let's not normalize an experience that is actually a serious health code violation as "going all Karen". I have never been served a large insect on my plate, neither in high- nor low-end restaurants and I have been going to restaurants all over the world for decades. I eat at restaurants probably 5 times a week minimum.

I would expect the restaurant to comp at least half the meal if this had happened. That is what a great restaurant would do. It's called great customer service, not being a Karen. In fact, I have had restaurants VOLUNTARILY comp entrees, offer gift cards, credit full refunds for A LOT LESS than what I witnessed last night. One of the people at the table with the insect was dry heaving from realizing she had ingested insect entrails. Perhaps you enjoy eating insects or think insects in a salad are not a BFD. But in fact, as I said, it is a serious health code violation and from what I could tell, it ruined a family celebration. I actually think dumping a tray on someone is less egregious.

Very disappointing to see this lack of training or customer service at Bern's, where a steak entree alone can set you back $150. Certainly not a great restaurant whatsoever and with that kind of customer service, a Michelin star won't be coming anytime soon.
Jesus. What is it to you? It didn't happen to you, so why do you care so much? If it bothers you that much, don't go there anymore. I agree that it's unacceptable, but good lord, you need to realize that sometimes these things happen - even in the finest restaurants in the world that you've been frequenting for years () You're acting like a complete Karen and social justice warrior - "I know it didn't happen to me or concern me in the slightest, but dang it, I. Am. Offended! I demand something be done about this issue that doesn't involve me!"

Old 05-17-2023, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat View Post
Refund F&ck that I ain't paying anything and I certainly am NOT eating , insects in my food Im out
Exactly!

Old 05-17-2023, 12:20 PM

27,224 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:

It is somewhat normal, especially in a bug-ridden state like Florida and feel fortunate you haven't experienced any foreign object in your salad prior (that you know of anyway )

Beyond that you keep droning on about it being a "large insect". Like what kind or do you not even know because of the secondhand experience you can't let go of?

I mean heck, they should probably have refunded half your check too, since it's affected you so deeply you felt the need to go disparage the restaurant and its reputation the very next morning.

*** And for the record, it doesn't get much more Karen than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay