Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 09:15 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,475,985 times

Advertisements

They all do that, bait you in with a low rate, and then jack up your rates a year later. Unfortunately, you have to go through the pain of switching every year or two to keep rates down. Same with homeowners insurance. Find a broker that can run you through several companies to find the best deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2024, 10:10 AM

181 posts, read 138,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Mine went from 530 for 6 months in 2017 to over 1k 6 months ago. Soon it will be 4k or more per months at the rate it keeps going up.
Out of control ridiculous. Personally know 3 couples who are leaving the usa for these very reasons.

Old 02-04-2024, 09:36 AM

4,476 posts, read 3,843,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies2023 View Post
Out of control ridiculous. Personally know 3 couples who are leaving the usa for these very reasons.
Yep!

Old 02-04-2024, 11:04 AM

518 posts, read 868,788 times
Every other tv commercial is trying to sell you a car or a lawyer trolling for clients to sue you for driving a car.

Old 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,369,688 times
Quote:
This is one of the reasons I'm leaving Florida after 30 years. It's always been more expensive because it's a "no-fault" state, but I believe that with the cumulative costs over the last few decades due to the rampant abuse of the laws, it's only going to continue to climb until the inmates take over the asylum, so to speak.

And I don't see that happening in the immediate future, or maybe not even in my lifetime.

RM

Old 02-04-2024, 05:19 PM

4,476 posts, read 3,843,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave w View Post
every other tv commercial is trying to sell you a car or a lawyer trolling for clients to sue you for driving a car.
yep!!!!! Floridians are paying for all these scammers stealing more BILLIONS from the insurance companies than ever before........

THANKS JOHN MORGAN

John Morgan (and the other ambulance chasers like him) have been opening satellite offices in almost every part of this state as their checks from insurance fraud (fake car accidents, fake slip and falls, fake property claims) keep getting bigger and bigger

the funny part is that John Morgan doesn't even lower himself to live in Florida anymore; he lives in Maui full-time

In fact his firm is representing the victims of the Maui fire.........

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/hi/haw...-in-maui-fires

thanks John Morgan for ruining the insurance market in Florida and then fleeing to another state

Old 02-04-2024, 05:22 PM

181 posts, read 138,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
This is one of the reasons I'm leaving Florida after 30 years. It's always been more expensive because it's a "no-fault" state, but I believe that with the cumulative costs over the last few decades due to the rampant abuse of the laws, it's only going to continue to climb until the inmates take over the asylum, so to speak.

And I don't see that happening in the immediate future, or maybe not even in my lifetime.

RM
Probably smart. Those who can, do. But to where? . Real sad what is happening here.

Old 02-04-2024, 05:29 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
This sentence right here tells me you have no earthly idea of what you are saying.

The amount of $$$$ being paid to scammers filing fake car accident claims, fake property claims, and other fake insurance claims has skyrocketed.

You have insurance companies writing $800,000 checks to scammers involved in a fender bender, thanks for fake medical bills.

That used to be unheard of.
I'll let the forum judge whom is making informative statements and whom just rants and calls people names when they don't agree with them.

Old 02-04-2024, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Probably smart. Those who can, do. But to where? . Real sad what is happening here.
Between the out of control costs for things like insurance that I have no control over but must pay, the wacko political and natural climates, and the gross overcrowding, I'm done. Heading to my house in AZ soon for good, putting the last place in FL on the market probably next month.

RM

Old 02-04-2024, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
yep!!!!! Floridians are paying for all these scammers stealing more BILLIONS from the insurance companies than ever before........

THANKS JOHN MORGAN

John Morgan (and the other ambulance chasers like him) have been opening satellite offices in almost every part of this state as their checks from insurance fraud (fake car accidents, fake slip and falls, fake property claims) keep getting bigger and bigger

the funny part is that John Morgan doesn't even lower himself to live in Florida anymore; he lives in Maui full-time

In fact his firm is representing the victims of the Maui fire.........

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/hi/haw...-in-maui-fires

thanks John Morgan for ruining the insurance market in Florida and then fleeing to another state
Him and things like PIP that guarantee a $10k payout with no questions asked...just look at the cottage industry of both medical and legal professionals who feed at that trough.

Something I learned about PIP some years back when a family member had a PIP claim after they were in an accident for real medical expenses (they went to my doctor.) Once someone at that address has made a PIP claim, everybody else who has legal residence at that address can't make a PIP claim for a period of time, or something goofy to that effect. I may be way off the mark on this one, but for some reason I recall having a claim a year or two later on a different policy and the PIP claim coming up as an issue.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay