Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:36 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer5 View Post
What area of St. Petersburg would you say is best to rent for a single woman with pets? I'm looking for a pet friendly area with great amenities and a quick walk to everything. I currently live in Chicago downtown and St. Petersburg will be a big change for me, I'm sure.
definitely northeast st. pete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 AM

428 posts, read 1,472,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonwater View Post
I was thinking of buying in Old Pasadena or The Jungle area off Park St by Treasure Island. I looked at many homes and really fell in love with these two neighborhoods.
Both excellent areas, very close to the beach, yet hop on 1st ave s and you're downtown in 10 minutes (less if you hit all the lights). In the immediate area there have been some good restaurants that have opened recently (Alesia, Westy pub, Max and Sams).

Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 AM

428 posts, read 1,472,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer5 View Post
It would be wonderful if you could provide some examples of what you actually loved so much about St. Petersburg. I'm from Chicago and currently looking for jobs in that area. I've read so many reviews and only the people that complain are actually giving examples of what they think about the city. The people that seem to love St. Petersburg just simply state that they love it without saying why? Clearly the weather is nice and the price of housing is lower than the national average, but what about the night life, apartment living, job market, location and variety of entertainment and art? Are there tons of single, educated, hardworking men that that would make a single woman want to pack up her things and move sooner? (joking) I'm wondering what is it that's so special about St. Petersburg for you and your family?
What I love:

The people - an eclectic mix of young, old, artsy, business, entrepreneurs, scientists
The "feel" of the City. It has a certain feel, a certain vibe about it.
The arts community- world class museums to small galleries
Downtown
Proximity to great beaches, fishing, and outdoor activities
The waterfront
The parks
THe mixture of restaurants throughout the City- more than just chains
The variety of bars and lounges downtown
Mazzaros

Sure there are things I don't love about, just liek any other place.

Check out the I Love The Burg site for great happenings in town.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,547 times
we live in southern new jersey and want to move to florida and have family in tampa but we dont have to be right next door. my husband is on disab we have a daughter that needs a vocational school to finish hairdressing and i need a hair dressing job. I seem to be interested in st peters.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:16 PM

8 posts, read 38,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hast1066 View Post
If you are still looking for a home in St. Petersburg, I have a beautifully renovated FURNISHED 3/2, including Anew master bath, you will love. Furniture is brand NEW, never used. $1250.00 call 727-744-9737
Has the rent increased since, you posted this ad? I'm just curious about possible rent increases.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:41 PM

104 posts, read 172,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonwater View Post
I just came home to Ocean City, NJ yesterday after spending a few weeks in Florida to find a community to move to. I started in Sarasota and was sure that would be the place before I arrived, wrong. I am choosing St Petersburg! There is such a variety of homes, so much to do, and close to the beach. Can anyone give me more advice for moving to St Pete? I was thinking of buying in Old Pasadena or The Jungle area off Park St by Treasure Island. I looked at many homes and really fell in love with these two neighborhoods.
Both excellent neighborhoods. I also whittled down to those two areas. Love the areas, architecture and if beaches are your thing, wow, super close. We wound up buying in Old Pasadena. Could have gone either way. Right House was in O.P. Love Downtown St. Pete too, We looked really hard in Old Northeast but I didn't want to live on a postage stamp size piece of property. I have toys; cars, bikes, boats, camper, sold my snowmobile but plan on getting jetski and I needed room for my stuff and I wanted a pool. To get the size property and house I bought in Pasadena would have cost me over $1M in Old Northeast. Plus, I can shoot down Central and be downtown in about 10-15 mins. It's only 7 miles. I feel you get the best of both worlds on EITHER side of St. Pete, but the West side worked better for me. Your own needs will dictate which is better for you.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:38 AM

17 posts, read 55,832 times
Default How would you describe St. Petersburg?

Just curious the type of people who live in St. Pete....is it a good mix of cultures and ages, etc?

Old 01-22-2015, 01:20 PM

Smile Are things still the same in St. Pete now as they were this

Just wondering if it is still the same down there now (January of 2015), and if not, what has changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler View Post
What I love:

The people - an eclectic mix of young, old, artsy, business, entrepreneurs, scientists
The "feel" of the City. It has a certain feel, a certain vibe about it.
The arts community- world class museums to small galleries
Downtown
Proximity to great beaches, fishing, and outdoor activities
The waterfront
The parks
THe mixture of restaurants throughout the City- more than just chains
The variety of bars and lounges downtown
Mazzaros

Sure there are things I don't love about, just liek any other place.

Check out the I Love The Burg site for great happenings in town.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM

296 posts, read 658,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelovegrace View Post
Just wondering if it is still the same down there now (January of 2015), and if not, what has changed?

It is even better. I've never seen anyone bring up the "vibe" feeling but that's a great description. You definitely get the feeling you're a part of something in St. Pete. Bars and restaurants are going up left and right, live music is everywhere, 3 or 4 new local breweries have opened, Jannus Live is busy and better than ever after the refurbishing.

The Rowdies Stadium has been renovated and the atmosphere in the city before and during soccer games can be heard and felt. The homeless population is going down since the new mayor came in.

My only complaints are that they closed down Octave, my favorite bar for some good Punk Rock music. That, and they need to hurry up and rebuild the pier.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:51 AM

Because I'm a single mom of two school age kids, I am more interested in finding good schools, safe, family oriented communities, and areas where there are plenty of things to do with kids. Are there any specific suburbs, areas, communities or neighborhoods you could recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay