Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 10:04 AM

27 posts, read 211,003 times

Advertisements

We currently live & work in Tampa. But I grew up in Pinellas County (Largo) and would love to buy on the water in St. Pete. I work near the fairgrounds and my husband works near Busch Gardens. Anyone make either of those commutes? If so how long does it take?

Anyone have a reference for a Montessori Preschool in St. Pete?

Anyone care to share an idea what flood insurance runs for a home in Shore Acres?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 12:14 PM

628 posts, read 1,833,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa-chrissie View Post
We currently live & work in Tampa. But I grew up in Pinellas County (Largo) and would love to buy on the water in St. Pete. I work near the fairgrounds and my husband works near Busch Gardens. Anyone make either of those commutes? If so how long does it take?

Anyone have a reference for a Montessori Preschool in St. Pete?

Anyone care to share an idea what flood insurance runs for a home in Shore Acres?

Thanks in advance.
Firstly if you are looking to buy on the water in St Pete that would put you in NE, Down town, or SE St Pete. Or it could put you near St Pete beach and surrounding areas.

I commute several times a week from Ne St Pete on the water to down town Tampa. I can tell you that traveling up 4th street to Gandy and over the Gandy bridge is a breeze. I have yet to have any major problems in the last 2 years of doing so. From the Tampa side it [the Gandy] slows a bit through a couple of traffic lights (short distance) but once you’re on the cross-town its empty. I get off at the down town Tampa exit and the entire trip takes 25 minutes – Very Consistant!!!

The crosstown might be an option for the fairgrounds but I’m not sure about Busch Gardens nor am I sure of the traffic situation beyond the down town exit of the crosstown. However if you are truly looking to live on the water in St Pete – it’s worth the trip!!

Shores9

For great shots of Tampa Bay and FLA check out Florida Pic thread on the general Florida forum

Old 01-09-2007, 12:27 PM

27 posts, read 211,003 times
Default Super helpful, thank you.

That's what I needed to hear. I currently take the crosstown from S. Tampa towards the fairgrounds, so I know that end of it.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shores9 View Post
Firstly if you are looking to buy on the water in St Pete that would put you in NE, Down town, or SE St Pete. Or it could put you near St Pete beach and surrounding areas.

I commute several times a week from Ne St Pete on the water to down town Tampa. I can tell you that traveling up 4th street to Gandy and over the Gandy bridge is a breeze. I have yet to have any major problems in the last 2 years of doing so. From the Tampa side it [the Gandy] slows a bit through a couple of traffic lights (short distance) but once you’re on the cross-town its empty. I get off at the down town Tampa exit and the entire trip takes 25 minutes – Very Consistant!!!

The crosstown might be an option for the fairgrounds but I’m not sure about Busch Gardens nor am I sure of the traffic situation beyond the down town exit of the crosstown. However if you are truly looking to live on the water in St Pete – it’s worth the trip!!

Shores9

For great shots of Tampa Bay and FLA check out Florida Pic thread on the general Florida forum

Old 01-09-2007, 06:21 PM

381 posts, read 1,685,655 times
Hey Shores, what time of day is that? Isn't the Gandy busier at certain hours? Just wondering. I don't go that way very much, but I remember a few times during rush hour it being extremely slow, but I could be thinking of something else.

~Kristina

Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM

628 posts, read 1,833,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineBaby View Post
Hey Shores, what time of day is that? Isn't the Gandy busier at certain hours? Just wondering. I don't go that way very much, but I remember a few times during rush hour it being extremely slow, but I could be thinking of something else.

~Kristina
I have a very flexible schedule as such I do a round trip 2-3 time a week to spend a little extra time with my wife and drive her to and from work (over the last 2+ years). We leave home at 8:30am arrive at Kennedy and Ashley Down town at 9:00 am and back home at 9:40 am. Very consistent. The return trip at night is equally as fast and easy. Best part is nobody is screaming down the road behind you - ZERO road rage

Shores9
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263/Shores9/DSC_0060s.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-09-2007, 09:34 PM

381 posts, read 1,685,655 times
Wow. That's great. I didn't think it was that quick, but it's good that it is. I think it must have been a lot busier 5+ years ago, because I remember it being extremely busy and slow every time I would go that way during rush hour. I'm still glad I don't have to commute to Tampa, though

~Kristina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: