Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Ben T. Davis Beach.

Bwwahahah..ohhh..oh..sorry, I just couldn't resist...aahhh...I crack me up

Funny. You crack me up,too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 08:43 PM

52 posts, read 194,756 times
Default Obscure beaches

That's what I'm looking for - beaches in the area that are not totally exploited by tourists. Not that tourists necessarily exploit beaches, you know, they bring industry to the area. I just mean sleepy little beach towns off the beaten path.

Danka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island beaches- Caladesi is voted one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches pretty much every year.
There are a lot of them...just a matter of exploring a bit.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:09 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs is off the beaten path. Grab a gyro in Tarpon Springs and go to the beach or go watch the sunset. Beach isn't as pretty as Caladesi but you won't find tourist there.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM

52 posts, read 194,756 times
Default on clearwater beach

can anyone give me a thorough assessment of the merits and detractors of clearwater beach?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:35 AM

849 posts, read 2,922,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Fred Howard Park in Tarpon Springs is off the beaten path. Grab a gyro in Tarpon Springs and go to the beach or go watch the sunset. Beach isn't as pretty as Caladesi but you won't find tourist there.
Won't find tourists at Fred Howard???? LOL...that place AND Tarpon sponge docks are always crowded and packed with...tourists!! Granted, there are a lot of locals there, but have you compared the amount of people on a square foot of Howard compared to Caladesi? Or even Honeymoon for that matter? No comparison. Stay away from Howard unless you want people with screaming kids right next to you, fishermen casting lines in front of you, and punk kids with booming stereos driving by every 2 minutes selling drugs on the causeway. I have seen it, and I go there a lot, so I know. Just hang out there for a few hours and watch all the Pinellas County Sheriff/Tarpon PD activity there, and you'll see what I mean.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 AM

849 posts, read 2,922,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoose9000 View Post
can anyone give me a thorough assessment of the merits and detractors of clearwater beach?
Merits:
Beautiful beach, lots of amenities, close to restaurants and activities, pier, large surface area that still affords some quiet areas away from people despite its popularity, hotel access is easy.
Detractors:
Can be crowded on holidays and weekends, parking situation is terrible, no waves so it can be boring for certain people, younger crowd can be rowdy and problematic during certain times of the year.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:23 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Turtle Beach

Cool beaches-hpim1044.jpg

Old 08-04-2008, 02:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
With dogs...St Pete paw beach, Fort Desota is great... Siesta key is great without dogs, but there are more beautiful beaches in Tampa Bay.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:37 PM

338 posts, read 1,012,373 times
Default Caladesi Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island beaches- Caladesi is voted one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches pretty much every year.
There are a lot of them...just a matter of exploring a bit.
Did you know you can walk from the north end of Clearwater beach all the way to Caladesi? My husband and I used to love that walk, very private feel ,not many people do that stretch. I guess because they assume Caladesi is a true island and not connected. We are now down in Sarasota County and I like Venice bch.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:21 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
You are right about Caladesi no longer being an island. I don't recall which hurricane caused this but it was at least 10 years ago.. I have seen ppl walk from some condos not too far from Caladesi.

Caladesi is just a beautiful place..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay