Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 AM

24 posts, read 93,214 times

Advertisements

Looking for opinions on Connerton and PineView Middle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 03:15 PM

23 posts, read 50,987 times
Default I live in Connerton

After looking extensively for several years in the Tampa Bay area, we finally decided on Connerton and purchased a home within the past year. We decided on Connerton primarily because of the extensive conservation areas, safe walking areas, clubhouse, and proximity to Tampa and the interstate. The main road, US 41 is presently being expanded from two to six lanes, and another road is budgeted and planned to extend west from US 41 (not far from here) to the Suncoast Parkway and US 19. Another plus is that Pasco County real estate taxes are much less than Hillsborough County (approx. 15.7 to 25 plus in millage). There is a new elementary school presently being built in Connerton; it's schedulted to be completed by September. Additionally, home values declined more in Pasco County than most surrounding counties so the potential for appreciation is higher here than many other areas. There are still some short sale homes and owner sales that are selling well below market and are a great deal while they last - one of the reason we bought here. The only downside is that the original developer, Terrabrook, has pulled out of the development a few months ago. However, Connerton may have a buyer within the next month or two. Homes are still being built by three builders and more builders are wanting to build here. But no additional builders can start without approval from the new owners. Even without a new owner, Connerton will continue to expand but not as fast without a new owner to coordinate expansion. . I hope this helps anyone thinking about Connerton.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 PM

24 posts, read 93,214 times
Thanks we ended up buying in Connerton too, we absolutely love it! My daughter is thrilled to be at Pineview Middle and looks forward to Land O' Lakes High next year!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 7,592 times
Live in Connerton myself. LOVE it! Nothing else in the area compares.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,297 times
My family is considering a move to Connerton-- building a home with Costanza-- anyone can provide feedback about this builder? Also, we have a 6 yr old-- how is the elementary school? My husband will be commuting to downtown Tampa for work-- how long will the commute be? Online maps say 23 miles and 35 min. via 41 to 275-- is this unrealistic?

Any feedback would be appreciated-- we are new to the Tampa area and need help!!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:12 AM

Default Connerton

Hello,

I've never heard of any complaints/disappointments with Costanza. I know that the original developer (Terrabrook) was very careful in their consideration of all their builders. I assume you've done your homework as Costanza is one of two high-end builders who are allowed to build in Rose Point, the only gated area of Connerton. If you have any concerns about Costanza, I would go to the Pasco County Appraiser's site and search for homes already builit that were purchased from Costanza. Then, from the info provided at the web site, I would contact the homeowners directly, or if you happen to be in the area, you can knock on doors. But really, I think the simplist way would be to ask the builder for a reference in Connerton, which in all probability will be good one, but you use that reference as a lead to other Costanza homeowners in Rose Point. There aren't that many homes in Rose Point so that really shouldn't be a problem. In your favor is that builders usually keep the better skilled personnel on their payroll during these difficult times, which means you'll probably have a house that was more carefully built.

Not to complicate matters, but additional builders will be starting in Connerton in the next few months, but I don't think any wil be added in Rose Point, just The Gardens area which has the 55, 65 and 75 foot lots.

As far as time to travel to downtown: 35 minutes is the very best time possilble with getting absolutley no lights and no traffic; almost an impossibility; I would feel more comfortable with 40 minutes with no traffic. I worked downtown but not from here but near the interechange where you would pickup I-275 (Bearss Ave.). From here to Bearss Ave entrance ramp without traffic is on average 25 minutes without traffic and you don't get too many lights. With traffic, and depending upon the time you/he leaves, you can add at least another 10 minutes or so. Downtown is about 10 miles from Bearss and will usually take 10 minutes without traffic. But with early morning traffic, expect additional time. Personally, if I had an appointment downtown, I would leave 1 hour before, maybe a few minutes more just in case. Then again, I have never had to travel downtown from here during work hour traffic. The expansion of US41 is coming along and that should help some, but there will be a bottleneck during work hour traffic on Florida Ave. just before the interchange. Unfortunately, most everything in life is a tradeoff. Personally, I would stay away from the New Tampa area as it's very congested, unlike Land O' Lakes. The Connerton Elementary school opened a couple of months ago and it's suposedly an excellent school with the latest technology; I can just about see it from my house. If you have any detailed questions, feel free to ask, and if you prefer to discuss more details in depth, send a private e-mail and my wife or I can discuss with the both of you. Hope this helps.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:18 PM

3 posts, read 9,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher1702 View Post
Hello,

I've never heard of any complaints/disappointments with Costanza. I know that the original developer (Terrabrook) was very careful in their consideration of all their builders. I assume you've done your homework as Costanza is one of two high-end builders who are allowed to build in Rose Point, the only gated area of Connerton. If you have any concerns about Costanza, I would go to the Pasco County Appraiser's site and search for homes already builit that were purchased from Costanza. Then, from the info provided at the web site, I would contact the homeowners directly, or if you happen to be in the area, you can knock on doors. But really, I think the simplist way would be to ask the builder for a reference in Connerton, which in all probability will be good one, but you use that reference as a lead to other Costanza homeowners in Rose Point. There aren't that many homes in Rose Point so that really shouldn't be a problem. In your favor is that builders usually keep the better skilled personnel on their payroll during these difficult times, which means you'll probably have a house that was more carefully built.

Not to complicate matters, but additional builders will be starting in Connerton in the next few months, but I don't think any wil be added in Rose Point, just The Gardens area which has the 55, 65 and 75 foot lots.

As far as time to travel to downtown: 35 minutes is the very best time possilble with getting absolutley no lights and no traffic; almost an impossibility; I would feel more comfortable with 40 minutes with no traffic. I worked downtown but not from here but near the interechange where you would pickup I-275 (Bearss Ave.). From here to Bearss Ave entrance ramp without traffic is on average 25 minutes without traffic and you don't get too many lights. With traffic, and depending upon the time you/he leaves, you can add at least another 10 minutes or so. Downtown is about 10 miles from Bearss and will usually take 10 minutes without traffic. But with early morning traffic, expect additional time. Personally, if I had an appointment downtown, I would leave 1 hour before, maybe a few minutes more just in case. Then again, I have never had to travel downtown from here during work hour traffic. The expansion of US41 is coming along and that should help some, but there will be a bottleneck during work hour traffic on Florida Ave. just before the interchange. Unfortunately, most everything in life is a tradeoff. Personally, I would stay away from the New Tampa area as it's very congested, unlike Land O' Lakes. The Connerton Elementary school opened a couple of months ago and it's suposedly an excellent school with the latest technology; I can just about see it from my house. If you have any detailed questions, feel free to ask, and if you prefer to discuss more details in depth, send a private e-mail and my wife or I can discuss with the both of you. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of the info!!

That commute is a concern, but like you said, it is a tradeoff...
We don't enjoy traffic and congestion and LOL seems to have a lot less than New Tampa/Wesley Chapel when we have explored those areas (we are currently renting until our home sells in Kansas).
We were impressed by the Costanza model and the quality of their construction-- so we will see how the timing works with the sale of our home...
Do you think there is a concern with resale down the road in Connerton?
Hopefully things will pick up in real estate, but lucky for us, it is a buyer's market!

Thanks again for all of the feedback on Connerton, and as we explore this option further, we may want to talk to you more with your knowledge as residents of the community!

Old 10-12-2010, 05:30 PM

As far as the housing market and the area, no more of a problem than anyplace else, probably much less because of the amenities. Let me know if there is anything I can help you guys with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay