Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,030 times

Advertisements

I was recently in Tampa for the Super Bowl and found this magazine in my hotel room called Travelhost of Tampa Bay. They had some great articles and a page called Adventure Tampa Bay on it where they had this person who had a crab boat. We love seafood. I think you can see this magazine on line. You may want to check it out. It was a great help to us. By the way, the west coast of Florida is one of my favorite places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 PM

5 posts, read 20,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasopink View Post
Why would you suggest them to go to orlando and St Augustine when they want to EXPLORE tampa.
Thats like telling someone vacaying in CT to take the train and visit NY.
Im sure since you travel alot you've been to the more touristy parts of FL.
And ST. Agustine is not 3 hours!
It takes me 3 to get to Gainesville and the east coast of fl (melbourne).
why would they want to spend half a day driving?
I'm also sure you've looked at travel sites for things to do.
I think you should spend the first day in tampa and do the typical things like the mall, museums (MOSI the bodies thing is back) checking out downtown (ybor, channelside, SOHO)
you know get a feel of the town.
next day, this is where if you wanted to visit a theme park or zoo or aquarium or kayaking and scuba diving.
also I would def visit st. petersburg area the other half of tampa bay. (A bridge ride over) visit their downtown, beaches, waterfronts.
you should really spend the whole day while your over in st pete. at night visit gators in john's pass to wrap up the night. if you had a boat you could dock it right there also there a MCd's when you can park your park and eat if you wanted to fish and go boating.
Only a mindless cretin could suggest a place like the MALL?????? What is the difference between International Plaza or any of the other malls?

Jesus, what is wrong with you people?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:24 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,969,875 times
If you're coming from a small metro area, then you aren't going to get Sephora, Lush, the Apple Store, and some of the niche market/boutique places back home.

And yeah, small town hicks that we are, we'll also hit Ikea in Orlando when we're in central Florida.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,342,092 times
Since when "factory outlets" are considered an attraction? I am just wondering because other than the ride that your money takes out of your wallet (fast), I don't see what else is so fascinating there!??????????

Go to Honeymoon Island in Dunedin.....then take the ferry to Caladesi Island next "door"...... it is gorgeous.......

Old 02-18-2010, 04:30 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,712,443 times
Fort DeSoto is one of my favorite places to go in the Tampa area. Of course, the beach is my number one choice. If you like manatees, you might want to venture up to the Crystal River and see them up colose and personal. It was a real thrill for me.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:22 PM

214 posts, read 680,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Since when "factory outlets" are considered an attraction?
They certainly attract my significant other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay