Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Advertisements

Crist: Test air in Chinese drywall homes - Local - Bradenton.com (http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/story/1343605.html - broken link)

Yet another thing to worry about.

Gov. Charlie Crist asks for help studying Chinese drywall (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/local_news/epaper/2009/04/05/0405drywall.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=76 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 PM

72 posts, read 264,492 times
My entire complex was built recently (not sure when. I moved in May 2008), and my neighbors informed me that all the units were made of chinese dry wall. We have had numerous problems with our air conditioning that just don't make any sense.

Example:

It will shut off randomly at times for no reason.

I will set it at 70 degrees and then come back 30 minutes later to see that it has reset itself to 78-80 degrees.

Many people in our complex are upset about it. This past winter it has been working fine. It tends to have the most problems during the Summer time.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Here's another interesting article --> Florida builders brace for suits over odor-emitting Chinese drywall - St. Petersburg Times.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:34 PM

16 posts, read 70,703 times
We have a home that was built in 04 with drywall that does not have the odor and has not destroyed a/c, thank goodness! But we have had issues with crumbling when we were hanging pictures, drapery rod's, etc. it would take forever to get anything to hold. All is done now, but it was very wierd getting thing's to hang properly and using anchor's when we should not have needed to. My husband complains more of constant allergies and we have more dust in this house than any we have ever lived in, however we are on the wood's and this is a newer neighborhood with road widening taking place a mile from here. We were thinking possibly the drywall got wet while building. The builder said everything was fine, but after reading this I saw the builder TaylorMorrison listed, which was our builder.

Has anyone had the problem with the crumbling drywall?

Last edited by annadenise; 04-11-2009 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
How can you tell if a home has Chinese drywall? It's a simple question without a simple answer. The Florida Department of Health has a Web site section devoted to the problem, however, and it updates information as it comes in. Since it helps to understand what kind of damage tainted Chinese drywall can cause, one section, "Case Definition with Pictures," includes photos of mirrors, pictures, pipes and other household items impacted by the drywall. The Web site also explains how the state plans to deal with the problem and includes details on how to file a complaint. For more info, visit the site at: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Environment/community/indoor-air/drywall.html

© 2009 Florida Association of Realtors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay