Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:15 PM

13 posts, read 41,432 times

Advertisements

Now that I've decided to move back to Tampa, it appears much of new Tampa apartments have declined. I left early 2005 before the housing bubble. Looks like many apartments have both renters and owners 2nd to condo conversions etc. I just would like some advice about what apartment is pretty good just about anywhere in Tampa or surrounding areas. I'm going to be working in New Tampa but I'm willing to drive if I can get into a complex that is not falling apart, management is prompt in response to tenant repairs etc, and relatively quite. When I go to apartment ratings site, most places sound horrible. I am looking for a minimum 2 bed/2 bath but prefer 3bd/2 bath. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone actually love the complex they are in. I will be renting 1-1.5 yrs prior to buying a home but I need a quite safe small complex? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 08:46 PM

Anyone know what the commute would be like traveling from Odessa to Brooksville for work. I hear going into tampa is horrible what about leaving tampa?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 PM

Default Update

I'm glad I returned to Tampa. I've been back two yrs now and have been to the beach a lot more frequently that I could go when I lived in Phoenix and had to drive to San Diego. The beaches are not equivalent ie no real waves in the Gulf of course. Florida like Arizona has some real problems. Heard the saying the devil you know? Well, pick your devil and live it up. And yes, I love the Mouse and Universal and Busch Gardens (big ole kid) and all the visits from friends and family since I'm closer now. It was a good move. It's really priceless to jump in the car and do what they like to call Florida on a tank full (well with gas prices it might take two tank fulls ). Great place for long weekends. Plus, cheap cruises to the Bahamas and Jamaica right out of tampa. Anyway, you get the idea. I'm glad I moved back to Florida.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,304,985 times
You can take Sun Coast Parkway going opposite traffic...you'd be there in no time.

But from Odessa to Tampa is a matter of time. What time? if its rush hour you'd be getting stuck on Veterans (the south side of Sun Coast) at Waters avenue toll....that's the biggest bottle neck IMO...IF you go from Odessa to Tampa at say 9:30am you'd be there in no time...rush hour is gone by then. I used to fly down at that time. But I did get caught once in rush hour going north on Veterans, and we were bumper to bumper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toh11211 View Post
Anyone know what the commute would be like traveling from Odessa to Brooksville for work. I hear going into tampa is horrible what about leaving tampa?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 AM

32 posts, read 74,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toh11211 View Post
I'm glad I returned to Tampa. I've been back two yrs now and have been to the beach a lot more frequently that I could go when I lived in Phoenix and had to drive to San Diego. The beaches are not equivalent ie no real waves in the Gulf of course. Florida like Arizona has some real problems. Heard the saying the devil you know? Well, pick your devil and live it up. And yes, I love the Mouse and Universal and Busch Gardens (big ole kid) and all the visits from friends and family since I'm closer now. It was a good move. It's really priceless to jump in the car and do what they like to call Florida on a tank full (well with gas prices it might take two tank fulls ). Great place for long weekends. Plus, cheap cruises to the Bahamas and Jamaica right out of tampa. Anyway, you get the idea. I'm glad I moved back to Florida.
I was reading through your older posts on this thread and I am so glad you updated the thread and you are enjoying your decision to move back to FL. I am a native and I am really going to miss it come June as we are relocating to Dallas for my husband's work. I actually love the humidity of FL and have been missing it greatly this spring. I love the beaches and all the natural beauty that FL has to offer. Of course we love the Mouse and BG too (we actually have passes to BG) and will miss going to those places. Fortunately all our family lives here in the Tampa Bay area so we will always have a free place to stay when we come home

Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 AM

36 posts, read 48,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
An agent told me recently that rates are dependent on your age, marital status, credit score and where you live. If you are under 30, have a low credit score, and you live in an area with a lot of accidents, your premiums will be higher.
Our rates are still quite high in South Tampa (despite being 40ish, married, and having great credit). I think location must factor in at a higher percentage when creating those rates. :-)

Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 AM

36 posts, read 48,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrook View Post
I was reading through your older posts on this thread and I am so glad you updated the thread and you are enjoying your decision to move back to FL.
Ditto!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 AM

Texas can be nice too and certainly not short on humidity. Have fun. Took me niece to BG this spring and she had me ride Sheikra 8 times. (lol) see big ole kid (lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay