Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 PM

91 posts, read 363,592 times

Advertisements

I remember the creatures that live in Florida...creepy crawly...ugly...large spiders...splugs...ugh. Can someone tell me what to do to ensure they don't come our way--into our home? I plan on getting an exterminator to fumigate after we move in...but, my husband just told me a story about his brother's friend who was just bitten by a brown recluse spider? what?? And he was in the hospital for days...he said he wore a work glove and probably didn't check inside it. Are these things prevalent in Florida??

I am feeling itchy already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 08:13 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,274,471 times
Bugs in Florida ...never seen one! =)
Hey if you find out how to prevent them let the rest of us know.
I only notice mosquitos in summer and spiders and beetles make their way in after lots of rain or cold!

....get a cat??? Our cat is a inside cat and has a blast w/ the random moquito in the house.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM

17 posts, read 87,270 times
I most annoying pests down here are the abnormally large cockroaches, mosquitoes, and love bugs. Keeping them away?? Good luck. It seems as if extermination does not prevent entry from bugs here, but just slows them down a little bit.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:26 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,927 times
Been in my home for over 7 years(very old house), and I just use Home Defense Bug Control from Home Depot about once every other month , only seen about 10 roaches in the house since living here, no spiders. Outside I spray the yard and shrubs/plants with Triazacide(again from Home Depot) about three or four times a year, and seems to do a great job keeping the bugs away also, but it is Florida - -seems all kinds of bugs like the warmth and sun, just like us Floridians.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:16 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,398 times
watch out for snakes and gators around any fresh water....always keep your eyes open for wildlife when u r around nature
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay