Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 AM

279 posts, read 1,348,204 times

Advertisements

Can't decide..any opinions..pros and cons of both? I am so confused!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 02:21 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,966,803 times
fishhawk is way out east and accessed by one lane country roads. to commute to downtown tampa would be a beast i assume. otherwise its textbook, cookie cutter new development. in some of the sections all the houses look the same and are right on top of eachother. i havent seen the whole place, its huge. havent seen connerton, i think its in land o lakes in pasco county north of tampa. somewhat rural up that way

Old 07-02-2007, 10:37 AM

58 posts, read 254,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
fishhawk is way out east and accessed by one lane country roads. to commute to downtown tampa would be a beast i assume. otherwise its textbook, cookie cutter new development. in some of the sections all the houses look the same and are right on top of eachother. i havent seen the whole place, its huge. havent seen connerton, i think its in land o lakes in pasco county north of tampa. somewhat rural up that way
Not sure I totally agree with you on that one. There are MANY developments that I'd consider cookie-cutter, but Fishhawk (for the most part) isn't one of them. The area is HUGE as the poster states. However, it is a large mix of production builders, townhomes and custom homes. (Tooshort: since you've been, you can figure that out. However, I thought I'd clarify for others.). Traffic is not the best, but slightly better than you'd encounter coming from the Suncoast/Veterans or New Tampa (if coming down I-75) if commuting to downtown tampa.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:38 PM

169 posts, read 1,069,770 times
Connerton is just getting underway, Fishhawk is pretty much done.

Brandon has a mall. Land O Lakes is getting one - it will probably be open in 2009 (yeah!).

Pasco has slightly lower property taxes at this time.

It's easier to get to Orlando from Fishhawk but Connerton is closer (but no e/w freeway)

They are about the same for commute time into down town if that's where you have to go everyday.

If you buy in Fishhawk, you're probably going to get a resale which you might have to make some changes to to make "your own" but any issues with the builder have been resolved. If you buy in Connerton can go either new construction or resale. If you go new construction, you should have a Realtor and an Attorney involved in your contract.

Either neighborhood has subsections and both have CDD fees (these are bonds attached to the taxes of your property that go to pay back the developer for the cost of the infrastructure to build the neighborhood) they are better in my opinion because they are at least tax deductable where HOA fees are not.

They both have lovely amenity centers and many of the subsections also have small community playgrounds or pools. They are massive planned communities and help retain homeowner value by offering organization to the way homes are maintained.

Both are popular with buyers. Price spreads for top tier and bottom tier are similar and good values.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:33 PM

53 posts, read 259,647 times
Fish is nice but very far out. Connerton is fine but new and kind of in the middle of nowhere. However, Pasco taxes are much cheaper than Hills (23 mils to 15: big difference). I live in New Tampa on the county line, which is three miles from 275, which takes you downtown, so it is around 40 minutes. Cheval is popular, next to the Veterans and is in Lutz.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:12 PM

279 posts, read 1,348,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristimc25 View Post
Fish is nice but very far out. Connerton is fine but new and kind of in the middle of nowhere. However, Pasco taxes are much cheaper than Hills (23 mils to 15: big difference). I live in New Tampa on the county line, which is three miles from 275, which takes you downtown, so it is around 40 minutes. Cheval is popular, next to the Veterans and is in Lutz.
Can you please provide some information with regard to your community, Grand Hampton? Especially if there are schools located in the community and if they are good schools. Thank you.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 AM

7 posts, read 23,246 times
Hummm..... I am with you confused. I take neither, because getting to either is a pain in the behind. Fishhawk is not a cookie cutter community at all sorry...Jsnfla... if anything it is the first florida attempt at giving people individual homes, I agree that they are way way to close to each other, if you sneeze the neighbor says bless you. Connerton is being built and an unknown as of yet. However, Pasco is cheaper on taxes, and a tiny bit less on gas prices. Pasco county has learned a few lessons in their bad design by the MPU's of the past so they are imposing roads to be built by the builder before they are approved, such as wiregrass. I would suggest to look into Wesley Chapel which is closer to Tampa. I do not like that Fishhawk has a single lane access and no matter which way you try to exit if something goes wrong you are doomed. Good luck

Old 07-05-2007, 07:25 AM

3 posts, read 15,202 times
Default Fishhawk

Construction is underway to widen the main access road (Boyette) to four lanes all the way from I-75 to fishhawk. The nice thing is that from 75 to fishhawk blvd all neighborhoods and other possible development is already complete and once you get to fishhawk (about 7 mi. from I-75) there is nothing there but fishhawk. The widening should be complete by 2009ish.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:41 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,160 times
connerton is halarious!
drive into this beautiful entrance and less then 50 homes up and running.
...we wonder if it is young or a bust, but it's in a gorgeous area and doesn't flood.

Don't quote me and others will have more info but I've heard the fishawk area floods.

connerton is off of 41 about 15 minutes north of carrolwood Tampa around land o lakes high school

Old 07-11-2007, 06:11 PM

4 posts, read 32,095 times
I am considering buying in Fishhawk and know several people who love it there!!Schools are some of the best in the state and the amenties speak for themselves. Spend one day at Park Square and you will fall in love. It is a great community and with the widening of Boyette Road you will have straight access to I-75. If you are looking for a large yard check -the trails and the falcons and you will find homes are spread apart and spacious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay