Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:24 PM

46 posts, read 173,097 times

Advertisements

What are my chances of renting with small dogs? We want to be able to rent first before setlling on a place and get a little more quiant with the area... but honestly i dont see people wanting to rent to us because of animals? Maybe im just use to the rudeness of pets in NY apts? Anyway.. im a super clean person my dogs are shed free and always kept clean as well as my house...they dont bother anything never go to the bathroom in the house..pretty much inside dogs for the most part and enjoy a good walk every once in a while.

Comments?

Thanks guys!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 02:35 PM

121 posts, read 515,455 times
You'll do just fine. May run into one or two places that don't allow pets, but most apartment complexes have no problems with it.

Usually it's just restrictions on breeds...pitbulls, rotweillers, etc.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:41 PM

nope no pits, just a bunch of chocolate min pins. lol Thanks tho! I am pretty hopeful to find something laid back.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:33 PM

121 posts, read 515,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smb_minipins View Post
nope no pits, just a bunch of chocolate min pins. lol Thanks tho! I am pretty hopeful to find something laid back.
LOL, no - I'd say they're ranked pretty low on the intimidation list.

Just be sure to ask what the pet policy is, because I notice here in Tampa it's one of two things: An up front one time fee (no problem), or an extra charge per month (which I find ridiculous). Good luck!

Old 05-23-2007, 05:40 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Default You will find something

You will find that some places do rent to people with pets and some just don't, just look for the ones that are pet friendly. IMO private landlords tend to be more friendly than the apartment complexes. Don't know if you will be renting a house or an apt. Don't know if you have more than 2, but just say you have 2. I have rented with various pets in various states and there's never been any problem. It all depends on where you will be looking .
Wish you good luck!!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 PM

Thanks all for your feedback. We have 3 of them.5 if you wanna count kids haha My kids have ruined more of my stuff then the dogs could even think about ruining. Pretty common i would imagine. I definitely am gonna steer more towards the private people for renting unless we get lucky in a complex. Perhaps i should hold my tounge but a fenced in area would be ideal. ok ok im jumping the gun, ill buy my own LOL

Thanks again!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,160 times
there are many fenced in homes that allow dogs for rent.
ours might be one of them in a few months =). But seriously, many homes that allow dogs.

on another note, be sure you have flea prevention year round ...fleas are horrible here!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 AM

25 posts, read 84,760 times
Look for homes to rent. There are plenty available that will allow pets.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Yea, thats easy I buy my frontline in bulk over the internet from overseas.

Thanks for all input. I needed to boost my esteem on this since im not use to people letting you do ANYTHING here in Ny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: