Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM

6 posts, read 23,985 times

Advertisements

I've read hundreds of posts filled with thousands of reasons why people either love or hate Florida, and I know that in order to really love a place, you have to be taking full advantage of everything it has to offer. My question is, what specifically makes you love your life in the Tampa/St. Pete area, and what decisions have you made to make your life great? Did you buy a boat, find a place close to the beach, or something else? What are the high points of your life, and what are the little everyday things that make you love where you live? I would love to hear some responses from native Floridians, or dedicated long-time transplants for whom the grass is not greener elsewhere. How did you create a great life for yourself, and what do you do that makes the negatives (if you have any) fade into the background?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 04:37 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Awesome? Wouldn't say that unless I lived in an absolutely beautiful place like the Bavarian Alps, the beaches of Hawaii, or some place like that.

But for me Tampa is a great place to see sports. I'm an avid sportsfan and in March and April alone, I saw professional baseball, hockey, basketball (Orlando - 90 min drive), two professional golf tournaments. That's pretty good sports - I could have went to a forumula one racing event but didn't.

So Tampa is great for sports.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:28 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,750,239 times
The weather for one. I love that I can go outside in flip-flops, a t-shirt and shorts year round.

I love the water . Anything imaginable that you can do with water, can be done in the Tampa Bay area. I plan on buying a boat someday.

The unigue history. Ever go to Ybor City during the day and just aimlessly walk around.

The beauty. Ever go for a morning jog on Bayshore and watch a pod of Dolphins play, or drive down the causway and watch a family fishing, or go to a riverfront park in Downtown.

The culture. The Museums, the parades, the concerts, ect...

The sports. Bucs, Rays, Lightning, Storm, lots of Gulf courses, ect...

Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 AM

15 posts, read 25,916 times
Because its HOME! Fell in love with my beautiful bride here. Had my incredible daughter here. Played on the beaches, fished in the waters, cooked and drank with wonderful friends in post-card surroundings. ITS HOME.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:40 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,903,258 times
The water....we can go kayaking while our daughter does crew at UT. Or we can go to one of the many beaches almost year round (well not this year!) Can be in the pool much of the year.

Sunny and green most of the year with lovely flowers and palms. Love the cypress!

Also, love to travel and can take off and be in Mexico in under 2 hours, the Caribbean in a couple hours, or South America in a few more than that!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 PM

6 posts, read 23,985 times
Thanks for your honest and thoughtful answers! It's nice to hear the perspective of people who like where they are. I never thought about the close proximity to other travel destinations. Everything you all said makes it seem like a wonderful place to be. My husband used to live there and everything he says he misses has been mentioned above (sports, fishing and eating great seafood, the dolphins, and kayaking) plus a few things that I never thought of. We live in Hawaii, which is similar in many ways, but lacks many of the great opportunities that Florida has to offer. Thanks for pointing some of them out for me!

Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
The unigue history. Ever go to Ybor City during the day and just aimlessly walk around.

YES and its a breeze especially when the weather is nicer and cooler. I like walking Ybor a lot and you see all the historic landmarks even better. Ybor from the day into the night is a nice place. I cant wait to move near there myself. Ive learned to embrace Tampa especially once I found that I didnt need to move to Portland OR and how just enough is in Tampa to keep me around. Same problems here as there only theres more there too only difference is, I wouldnt have to go too far to still get a desirable enough place even if it wasnt Portland. Sometimes a weird oasis like Portland isnt everything and if you look, you can find a weird community in Tampa too so I learned and may be a new up and coming place for young people to move eventually so.. I dont count Tampa out + theres always concerts.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:18 PM

183 posts, read 454,535 times
i started this thread for exactly the same reason.

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...ove-about.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: