Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 412 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I am Alexey, 31, a college teacher. I took a PhD degree on chemistry and molecular biology in Germany. Since 2012 I have been carrying on courses in chemistry for senior high school children in Russia. The main aim of the courses is a preparation to the Unified state exam. The lessons are arranged both in person and distantly so the school children who are from remote (rural) areas are able to take the part. During the classes we spend most of the time on solving practical problems (investigate various reactions, calculate reactants and final products, chemical kinetics and others). The classes have tangible effect on the school results of the children who are involved in ones.
Now I plan to arrange such courses for foreign school children. At first the amount of participants would not be more than ten. My primary aim here is taking a practice experience and to understand differences between Russian and foreign study programs.
I would like to take answers on the following questions:
1. Is there a demand in such lessons outside Russia?
2. What is your personal attitude to the distant education?
3. How can I find participants?
Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching