Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 08:17 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
I worked with the state of florida DCF AND GEORGIA DFAC. Just because I do not mention it does not mean I did not do those jobs. I also fairly young. I am just 24 you old farts
You are old enough to know better. When you go into a teaching forum, on a public website you represent more than yourself, you represent the entire profession. You are making an embarrassment out of yourself and the rest of us. If you cannot control yourself on an internet forum, people are going to questions your ability to control yourself in a much more stressful kindergarten classroom.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:28 PM

525 posts, read 406,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
You are old enough to know better. When you go into a teaching forum, on a public website you represent more than yourself, you represent the entire profession. You are making an embarrassment out of yourself and the rest of us. If you cannot control yourself on an internet forum, people are going to questions your ability to control yourself in a much more stressful kindergarten classroom.

My Pre-Kindergarten class had a total of 22 children and I handled that just fine

I am controlling myself, however let me vent please.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:29 PM

You all act as if teachers do not have bad days! Please have a seat on your bottoms this is my time let it out.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:43 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
Quote:
You all act as if teachers do not have bad days! Please have a seat on your bottoms this is my time let it out.
Teachers do have bad days. We vent, accept feedback, and move on because staying upset won't help the situation. However, you are NOT a licensed teacher so please stop representing yourself as one.

You are an entitled millennial who will struggle in life if you don't get it together. Thankfully, for you not the kids, your parents can help you out. I really think you should consider another profession. Like you said you're young, so you have time.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Teachers do have bad days. We vent, accept feedback, and move on because staying upset won't help the situation. However, you are NOT a licensed teacher so please stop representing yourself as one.

You are an entitled millennial who will struggle in life if you don't get it together. Thankfully, for you not the kids, your parents can help you out. I really think you should consider another profession. Like you said you're young, so you have time.

I am a certified licensed teacher in the State of Florida! and I will be taking my Georgia Certification test Tuesday:. So, Yes I am a teacher. I attended too many trainings, have taken too many tests, and taught too many children for someone not to call me a non license teacher.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:33 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
Quote:

I am going back with my parents and will not leave again until I get state certified credentials, and acceptance into and educator prep course!
Quote:
I am a certified licensed teacher in the State of Florida! and I will be taking my Georgia Certification test Tuesday:. So, Yes I am a teacher. I attended too many trainings, have taken too many tests, and taught too many children for someone not to call me a non license teacher.
How are you licensed having never completed teacher prep?

What exactly is your Florida certification? You said something about an emergency waiver or provisional but that's NOT a real license. That's saying you can work under direct supervision of a FULLY LICENSED teacher.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,583,449 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Hi you all,

I teach pre-kindergarten in the state of Georgia. My net pay is 1026 however after state and federal taxes are taken out I bring home an amount of 975. The good thing is I have enough to pay the bills, but I do not have enough for splurging. My groceries take up the little bit I have left over. My boyfriend is currently out of a job and looking for work. Hopefully he will soon get hired at the local battery shop. I am so tired of asking my parents for pocket change. Today I got ill and had to call out from work, and I did not have 20$ to my name to pay for my prescription. I am thankful for job however I feel as more incentives should be given to teachers. How would I establish myself to the point where I will not have to rely on my parents for pocket change?

I am also enrolled in graduate school and patiently trying to wait until January to receive my pell money because I am going to put a good chunk of it into savings.

Do any other educators sympathize with me? If so how long did it take you to establish yourself financially while being a teacher?

I sometimes wonder would I make more money once I recieve my M.ed and begin teaching at a public school.
When I see things like this and read about other teachers not being paid well, it makes me so mad! Yes, I definitely sympathize with you. I think it varies from state to state as far as the pay. NYC used to start new teachers at $45k annually which used to sound like good money but once I hit that salary (not in Education), it was roughly $20K with NYC cost of living. I hope you can find a better market. It's a shame the salary is so low for people who are educated to do that job. Best wishes.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
How are you licensed having never completed teacher prep?

What exactly is your Florida certification? You said something about an emergency waiver or provisional but that's NOT a real license. That's saying you can work under direct supervision of a FULLY LICENSED teacher.
k-6 certification in Florida, and I also have a FCCPC credential. A wavier differs from state to state. A wavier in GA is that your supervisor or LUA (Local unit of Administration) has requested one. This is usually given to teachers that are in the proccess of earning certifications and have given proof to the LUA. Sometimes it can be given when the LUA feels as if the a prospective candidate that is not certified for a position is poised enough for the job.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
When I see things like this and read about other teachers not being paid well, it makes me so mad! Yes, I definitely sympathize with you. I think it varies from state to state as far as the pay. NYC used to start new teachers at $45k annually which used to sound like good money but once I hit that salary (not in Education), it was roughly $20K with NYC cost of living. I hope you can find a better market. It's a shame the salary is so low for people who are educated to do that job. Best wishes.
Exactly! Here in GAfederal and state taxes are taken out of the check

Old 11-20-2016, 10:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
I am not your average teacher!
True.

The average teacher actually has extensive training and credentials beyond emergency or provisional ones.

The average teacher does not fall back on their parents' daycare as their main source of experise.

The average teacher, if unable to manage to write a coherent paragraph without defaulting to rampant errors in grammar, syntax, and spelling, would typically not post lengthy rants claiming to be an expert on childhood literacy strategies.

The average teacher doesn't accept a job at a shady center where paychecks bounce.

The average teacher does not consider bailing on his or her students midyear because he or she got butthurt after getting a bad review, and run home to work at mom n' pop's shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching