Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 02:28 PM

507 posts, read 2,295,989 times

Advertisements

I'v checked out their website and it sounds really nice, but would like to hear from real people about their campground. We are planning a trip in October. Should we make reservations? We will be driving from the tri-cities and want to make sure we will have a spot. Are the campsites wooded and give you some privacy, or are they close to another camper? We really hate that!
Looking forward to seeing the waterfalls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 12:47 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Please don't think people are avoiding responding to you. I just think if you live here, you are probably more likely to do Fall Creek Falls as a day trip and less likely to camp. I've been there at least 5 times in the last 3 years and I don't think I've ever gone through the campground areas. I have stayed at the inn, though.

I always see deer at Fall Creek Falls especially in the picnic pool area and right on the road in the morning (around 8:00A) in Spring (April) and Fall (October last two weeks). I think it's nicest there right after the sun comes up and right before it goes down.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:58 AM

ok, thanks Laura. Has anyone here actually camped with their rv there? Just needing to know if this time of year, we need to make a reservation or not, and if the camping spots are close to one another.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 AM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
I would make a reservation. It is a beautiful place. Lots of people camp there as well as stay at the Inn and cabin rentals. I have reservations for October for a cabin and it was hard to get. I couldn't get the exact dates I wanted. You will love it there. Very scenic and the waterfalls are amazing!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,239,323 times
We were looking at taking a trip there a few years ago. The trip fell through, but I still have several research links:
Fall Creek Falls State Park
Tennessee State Parks: Fall Creek Falls
Friends of Fall Creek Falls State Park, Inc.

Bing has better aerial photography of the area than Google. It looks like the center of camping area A is a large open field (playground, sports field?) but everything else looks to be covered in trees.

I know they shut down a large part of the campground (Area A) for renovations a few years back. I thought they were long finished with these, but the State website still has a blurb mentioning "ongoing renovation" on the Lodging page. I'd definitely call first.

Good luck, and enjoy the falls!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
You should ALWAYS make reservations there because it gets crazy busy this time of year.

The campgrounds are pretty typical. I could describe it, but this website is better and has pix.

Fall Creek Falls State Park

The inn rooms are like very nice motel rooms, and be sure to eat at least one meal in the restaurant. The home cooking in our state parks is SO good!

(Well, at least Fall Creek Falls, Paris Landing and Henry Horton. Those are the ones I've personally tried.)

Old 09-16-2010, 11:32 AM

Thank you all very much! I will make a reservation asap. I'm really looking forward to it!

Old 09-17-2010, 09:03 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
Fall Creek Falls State Park 2010 Special Events (http://myfallcreekfalls.com/events.html - broken link)

I here Christmas is very special in the park...

Old 09-17-2010, 01:07 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Fall Creek Falls State Park 2010 Special Events (http://myfallcreekfalls.com/events.html - broken link)

I here Christmas is very special in the park...
Yes, it is very special at Christmas. But, to be honest, Fall Creek Falls is very special all year long. I'm headed there next weekend and can't wait! It is, by far, my favorite park in Tennessee.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-18-2010, 08:59 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
My brother and his family go at least 4 times a year; they love it! You must always have reservations to be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: