Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 04:23 PM

26 posts, read 151,053 times

Advertisements

My son in law is being assigned to Ft Campbell and my daughter and her husband have asked us to help them narrow down their housing options since time is tight for both of them. They are open to Kentucky or Tennessee, but after reading some things on the forum it seems like Tennessee is the best option.
He is an officer who will be deployed (if that matters to your response) and she will be looking for work as a biologist or wildlife biologist. They are in their 20s with no children yet, but purchasing a home in a good school system is of course preferable for resale value. They also want low crime (who doesn't) and an upscale community with newer housing, convenient shopping and entertainment options. . (Please don't jump on me for my use of the term 'upscale'. I'm sorry, as it seems to offend some folks, but I don't know what other term to use.) Commute time to Ft. Campbell should be less than 45 minutes.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what towns to focus on?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 01:33 AM

2 posts, read 15,646 times
I am a retired senior NCO and have just moved from Ft Campbell to a farm up in KY. My family and i spent a total of 8 years at Campbell (two tours) and i would suggest exit 1 area. We thought it was a great area. We lived in the north windwood subdivision - about five year old subdivision. It is about two miles from highway 24 which was great if you wanted to head to nashville (40 minutes). We were 15/25 minutes from campbell (that morning pt rush). Exit four right down the road to do all the shopping you wanted. Neighborhood was mostly senior NCO and officers. It is a more family oriented subdivision. Crime in the exit 1 area is minimal. Best school in the montgomery county school district is a mile away.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:47 PM

50 posts, read 165,464 times
I would actually suggest away from exit 1 and towards exit 8/11 which is more sophisticated IMHO and better housing options. The closer to post you get the less I enjoyed it....I lived there for about 8+ years and may be relocating back there. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee