Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:25 PM

5 posts, read 12,011 times

Advertisements

We bought 10 beautiful acres and built a house.
White Pine may be small but it is only 10 miles to TJ Max, the interstate is close, and any of the other small towns are close and convient .

I would think that most people around here do work in one of the other towns but they are so close and some are in this same county.

I think years ago Newport was considered kind of wild but now there are some expensive homes and property there.

There are plenty of places that do go up a mountain and some people are building expensive home on these steep mountains but that is what they want. It is very close to Douglas Lake and there is lots of land for sale around here.

I don't know about schools but there is a junior collage very close plus a private collage.

Living in the country is always going to be a little longer drive into town but if country living is what someone likes this is a great place.

I feel very blessed to live in such a beautiful location.

Suttles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 08:49 AM

111 posts, read 375,019 times
Default White Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttles View Post
We bought 10 beautiful acres and built a house.
White Pine may be small but it is only 10 miles to TJ Max, the interstate is close, and any of the other small towns are close and convient .

I would think that most people around here do work in one of the other towns but they are so close and some are in this same county.

I think years ago Newport was considered kind of wild but now there are some expensive homes and property there.

There are plenty of places that do go up a mountain and some people are building expensive home on these steep mountains but that is what they want. It is very close to Douglas Lake and there is lots of land for sale around here.

I don't know about schools but there is a junior collage very close plus a private collage.

Living in the country is always going to be a little longer drive into town but if country living is what someone likes this is a great place.

I feel very blessed to live in such a beautiful location.

Suttles
Newport was wild in their day, but not so much from Cocke county people as much as people from other counties visiting bars and doing stuff they would not do in ther own county. People there are usually honest and if they like you will be the best friend you'll ever have. People hold firm to their values and God help the ones that cross it. My wife is from there and like that. She either likes someone or she don't, and if she don't, they will know it.

White Pine has K-8 school that is decent. White Pine will go the extra steps needed to work with kids. Jefferson County High School is overpopulated but have been great to work with. One of our daughters is hard of hearing and they have been so excellent with her and us. Big thank you to Mrs. Satterfield and the staff there. Walter State and Carson Newman Colleges are both excellent schools. Morristown also has Morristown State Area Voc Tech school, also excellent.

It is a small town and everybody knows what everybody does and has done. We are pretty set in our ways, like Newport and other small towns and do not change easily. 2 Red lights, a church and gas station of just about every corner. A grocery store, hardware, furniture store, resturants, and a few more private owned businesses. What America looked like before Corporations took over and made every town look alike. I've been here all my life and guess I will be here when I die, haven't found any place I'd rather be.

Baneberry is right below us and has a terrific Golf Course and excellent resturant on the greens. We shop a lot in Morristown and Knoxville, both are close enough, yet far enough to be quiet again.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:16 PM

74 posts, read 183,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaLicious View Post
White Pine is a very tiny town. I believe there's 1 or 2 redlights, and VERy strict 35 MPH speed limit, 1 grocery store, a few banks and a few fast food places and that's it. Morristown is a lot larger and has WAY more stuff, but White Pine is wonderful if you are looking for a peaceful place to raise kids. DO NOT move to Newport if you are not from TN originally, you'll be sorry.
I just posted a question perhaps you can answer. I am doing some geneology on my family (snoddy,Biddle). They are buried on Cemetery St. but cannot find the name of the cemetery. Could you help me please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee