Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 21,794 times

Advertisements

last year I happened to be visiting relatives in the area and it was the weekend of the annual yard sale for the city or county. It went for miles and miles and was wonderful. Does anyone know when it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 08:09 PM

5 posts, read 29,879 times
We go every year! It's called October Fest. I'm not sure when it is other than in October. I will ask my sister and post again!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 27,438 times
Smile OktoberFest in Howenwald TN

The festival is every year, the 2nd weekend of October. Arts and Crafts, Food, Music, Odds and Ends.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 21,608 times
Did you go to the Meriweather Lewis Crafts off of the Natchez Trace Parkway last year also? It is all connected by a roadway full of yard sales that runs into the Hohenwald festival.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 42,939 times
Default Multi State Yard Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnafitemoore View Post
last year I happened to be visiting relatives in the area and it was the weekend of the annual yard sale for the city or county. It went for miles and miles and was wonderful. Does anyone know when it is?
I have heard of 2 of them --One is in August HWY 127 -3 day yard Sale and also the Roller Coaster Fair and Yardsale. Both go for miles, and last 3 days.
The Coaster Sale is in Ky only. Hwy 127 ( I think it's called ) goes thru several states.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 42,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnafitemoore View Post
I must correct what I wrote about the Roller Coaster Fair and yardsale
It goes through both Kentucky and Tennessee.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 21,379 times
Default Hohenwald Yard Sale

The Hohenwald, Tn yard sale is always the 2nd weekend of October. There are yard sales from every direction going into and comming out of Hohenwald. There is also the Meriweather Lewis Craft Sale in the state park. This is how the yard sales started. It is a full weekend of things to do.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:16 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Ok, those of you that are "insiders"; give us the scoop on the best places/parts of the yard sale please.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:17 AM

380 posts, read 1,178,524 times
Hi SMG! I don't know anything about the Hohenwald sale - I've only been in HOhenwalk once, to volunteer at the Elephant Sanctuary. If you're talking about the 127 yard sale, it's less crowded in the north Georgia, Alabama areas. But that's a long way away from you. The Sequatchie Valley stretch is pretty decent. There is an area in Bledsoe County (between Pikeville and Dunlap) that has tons or booths set up in and around a bunch of tiny old cabins that were disassembled and reassembled in one spot. There are some good booths up near Crossville too. I've never been to the sale north of Crossville. Unfortunately, there are so many dealers now that a lot of stuff is overpriced and it's hard to find the good bargains. But it's still really fun to look around and see how many neat things are out there. Oh - there is a family who sets up a food booth in front of their house about 4 miles south of downtown Crossville. They make these fried apple pies (with locally grown apples) and fried cherry pies that are to die for. They're kind of expensive, but worth it. They sell like 10,000 of the pies during the sale. Worth a trip to the area just for the fried pies!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 27,528 times
Default Meriwether Lewis Craft Fair

The yard sales and the Meriwether Lewis Arts and Craft Fair are always on the 2nd FULL weekend in October, coinciding with Ocktoberfest in Hohenwald. The craft fair may not survive much longer, though. The traffic from the yard sales along Highway 20 has choked the traffic to the craft fair so much that people have stopped coming to the fair. The fair by itself used to bring 25,000 people to the area. The National Park Service can't do anything about the yard sales since it occurs off of Natchez Trace property and the area will lose out on supporting local artisans who make their wares by hand. Guess more people want yard sale finds than handmade crafts. The craft fair doesn't get much support from Lewis County or Hohenwald anyway just the use of the crowds that the fair used to attract. What a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee