Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2006, 08:13 AM

16 posts, read 51,044 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband are wanting to move to Morristown,Can anyone tell me why we should not or know something that we should know before we make a fnal decision on this town and maybe reccomd a good area and tell us the bad areas????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,315,676 times
Are you being relocated with a job? What are you looking for in a "home town"? I personally don't care for Morristown, but that is me, you may love it.
It is a dry county. There is a decent shopping mall and it is close access to Cherokee Lake, which is very nice.
Let us know what else you are looking for and maybe we can give you better information.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:36 AM

hi thanks for the reply,no we are moving out of big town of anderson i have been doing some research today thru city.data and looking at the crime rates morristown is not a whole lot of difference than here.but looking at rogersville its a lot better.As far as home town i come from a small town called dacusvill outside of easley SC.i want soem country where i can have my horses and do some riding.where would you suggest all info to me is very helpful since i have never lived outside sc but i love pigeon forge and want to be closer.please reply

we are moving for a fresh start ive never lived outside sc.after doin some research on city data morristown in 2004 has almost the same amount of crime as we do just in different race.home town to me is some country sides away from city where i can enjoy horses,my hubby is into boats so some where near a lake would be great with my horses.where would u suggest?any info is helpful thanks

Last edited by mbmouse; 10-06-2006 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: need to be in same thread :)

Old 10-06-2006, 12:00 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,315,676 times
Hi cjstrag
You were correct first time by replying in the same thread. That is why I merged the two.
I will happy to get you information on the area but I will be honest, short on time this afternoon as I have to get my hubby from airport. But check out all the towns and ares in East TN and maybe even middle TN as Morristown would probably not fit your bill as far as horses go and you are right, crime is an issue in Morristown. There seems to be a shift to a large immigrant population recently in Morristown and the pay scale is showing it! Jobs are not very plentiful about minimum wage there.
I will get back with more soon!

Old 10-06-2006, 12:02 PM

thanks mb,any help would be great when u have the time,i heard about the immigrant deal which is why i was looking at rogersville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee