Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 05:54 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Everybody moved to Florida, decided to change it so they did. People didn't care if their gated community displaced the Florida panther or bald eagles or whatever. Just as long as they had their McMansion. And heaven forbid there were bugs and snakes and alligators on their golf courses.

The "real" Florida was gone.

Not that it mattered to this crew. They were going to make it into something else that it wasn't, and they didn't care what they destroyed.

But then their insurance rates were hiked up because of the hurricanes. Gasp! Who would have thunk it?

Do you know when the housing bubble occured? After Charley, Frances and Jeanne. You couldn't tell these people it was a high risk area. I guess they thought the news reports were exaggerated.

Then they opened their insurance bills and they somehow feel that they are being ripped off.

Now, they are moving "up south." God help us all.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:55 AM

5 posts, read 18,518 times
Default UHGGGG smoking in Tennessee

We just moved to Nashville area in October from Texas where smoking is prohibitted in bars/restaurants/stores. It is horrible here, you can't eat a meal without breathing somebodies smoke. They have smoking and non smoking sections Here's my theory: ISN'T HAVING A SMOKING SECTION IN A RESTAURANT LIKE HAVING A PEEING SECTION IN A POOL!!!! RIGHT?
You still breathe other peoples smoke if you are in the same vicinity. It is the worst. If people want to kill themselves they should do it in the privacy of their homes/cars DO NOT involve and take down innocent people that have made the conscience choice not to smoke. Anyways good luck here, maybe we can go through the necessary steps to get it outlawed here.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:45 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Default Debe-

If you're in Williamson Co., look up in this thread for some smoke-free businesses. If you're interested, I could add to that. I just listed a bunch off the top of my head.

Once you learn where it's safe to go, it'll be much easier. We're lucky in the Cool Springs area. There are plenty of restaurants that are completely non-smoking. I have a harder time in Nashville.

Loved the pool analogy

Old 12-06-2006, 11:45 AM

243 posts, read 887,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Nice attempt to change the subject.
Tobacco is the number one killer in the country, period.

You have a right to smoke, fine. I have a right not to be polluted by your exhaust.
And don’t come to the government to pay for your medical bills when you are dieing of lung cancer or suffering emphysema.
First of all I have private health insurance. I don't smooch off the government!!!!!! Second: I don't drink and drive!!!!!! Like sooooo many people do. Third: I do not own a cell phone, therefore I do not talk on a phone while driving!!!!!!! All of the above mentioned are just as detrimental to my survival as my smoking is to yours. Oh yes, it is spelled dying not dieing.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:56 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
--Originally Posted by irwin

You have a right to smoke, fine. I have a right not to be polluted by your exhaust.
And don’t come to the government to pay for your medical bills when you are dieing of lung cancer or suffering emphysema.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CDC chief: Obesity top health threat

RELATED
• Being fat at 40 cuts years off life
• U.S. super-sizing at home, too
• CNN Presents: Fat Chance -- America's fat epidemic
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Obesity is the No. 1 health threat in the United States today, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Aids is the #1 threat to children.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing how most health problems are blamed on smoking,eh. I know people that has never smoked but they live at the DR'S OFFICE. Majority of the people I know that don't smoke, they soak up alcohol like a sponge.
I've never heard of anyone smoking and driving killing anyone, but the same can't be said for drinking and driving.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:09 PM

243 posts, read 887,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
--Originally Posted by irwin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CDC chief: Obesity top health threat

RELATED
• Being fat at 40 cuts years off life
• U.S. super-sizing at home, too
• CNN Presents: Fat Chance -- America's fat epidemic
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Obesity is the No. 1 health threat in the United States today, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Aids is the #1 threat to children.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing how most health problems are blamed on smoking,eh. I know people that has never smoked but they live at the DR'S OFFICE. Majority of the people I know that don't smoke, they soak up alcohol like a sponge.
I've never heard of anyone smoking and driving killing anyone, but the same can't be said for drinking and driving.
Here!!! Here!!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,827 times
Most businesses in Nashville prohibit smoking inside, I'm a smoker -- I respect that practice, as do all the smokers that I know. The convienience stores that I patronize have that unwritten rule about no smoking -- so it shouldn't be a problem mrshvo to take your son into those establishments. The businesses that do not elect to enforce a non smoking policy are generally on the seedier side and those I wouldn't visit without a firearm.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:04 PM

34 posts, read 129,473 times
Who the hell is attempting to label TN as smoker-friendly state? If you support smoking, so be it. But do not drag TN into it, as the state is not much different from any other states that recomend people not to smoke. Simply isolate yourself, inhale nicotine as much as you can, and do not put your medical bill on others.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:07 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
I think the post about fat people and alcohol struck a nerve.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:29 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
I be thinkin'. Osmotic knows a lot about Massachusetts, so he knows that smoking is much more welcome in the tobacco states. Smoking has banned in Mass. for years. It was outlawed in the Florida restaurants about four years ago. In Lee County, the snowbirds voted for the ban, then went back up North. The natives were furious. So were many businesses. A few went out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee