Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM

6 posts, read 9,185 times

Advertisements

LI New York, Westchester New York, Boston, San Francisco now here in East Nashville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 04:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times
Thanks for all the input; I knew we had a lot of Rust Belt folks, didn't realize so many Long Island people.

Awesome.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,207,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Thanks for all the input; I knew we had a lot of Rust Belt folks, didn't realize so many Long Island people.

Awesome.
I would probably have said California for the largest influx, followed by Michigan and New Jersey. I was a little surprised to see so many people from New York as well. But, of course, this is not a real study of the people moving to the area. I've seen a list posted on here somewhere they shows where the new arrivals to Tennessee are coming from.

I want more Italians to move here and open restaurants. ;-)

Old 03-26-2008, 07:32 PM

97 posts, read 245,303 times
South central Kentucky here but will be Tennesseans by May 1st.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I would probably have said California for the largest influx, followed by Michigan and New Jersey. I was a little surprised to see so many people from New York as well. But, of course, this is not a real study of the people moving to the area. I've seen a list posted on here somewhere they shows where the new arrivals to Tennessee are coming from.

I want more Italians to move here and open restaurants. ;-)
Allycat, I'm Italian and cook good Italian food but the restaurant business isn't in my future. I have 5 more letters to my name!

Diane G

Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times
alleycat, Census said CA was #1 relo state to TN; haven't been able to locate source for the list yet.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:31 PM

91 posts, read 323,638 times
My wife and I were born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. She hated it there but I go back every chance I get to visit family and cure my craving for Mexican food... We moved to Kingston Springs in August, 2004 as my sister-in-law lives here and my wife got an RN job at Vanderbilt Medical Center.

Go Spurs Go!!!

Macgrad89

Old 03-29-2008, 02:02 PM

252 posts, read 710,059 times
Macgrad - if you ever want real Mexican food, but don't want to go all the way to Texas, there's a Mexican restaurant here in Germantown that is so good. The owner/cook is from Mexico. He uses nothing but fresh ingredients.

I was born in Old Town, Maine (think canoes), lived in Mexico City for a semester while in college, then to Washington, DC after graduation, back to Maine (Portland) and now in Germantown, outside of Memphis. We hate Memphis - too much crime. We wish DH's job was in Nashville, but he works at a distribution center (because of FedEx being here). So, as I am very homesick for Maine and he is tired of King Willie and the Memphis crime, we are waiting for a transfer back to southern Maine.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:12 PM

76 posts, read 227,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I am from Milford,Ct.

You are from..?
Ok, originally from The Netherlands (Holland),Europe. Then moved to New Jersey, and currently in Southern California where I've been since the '70's . Officially not a "transplant" yet, but did buy some land and will be moving to your neck 'o the woods in approx 5 years. Can't wait.. will be bringing my parents over Labor Day weekend to show them the area.. its outside of Cookeville, and a little west of Sparta.. I love it, and can't wait to come back.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM

38 posts, read 153,304 times
Default Hoping with all I've got .......

that I will SOON be a TN resident! I'm originally from LA (Cajun Country). Moved in '85 to central CO, spent 2 years there. Left for San Diego, CA in '89 & spent 1.5 yrs. there, then back to LA for 1.5 yrs. Moved again to CO in '91 for 4 yrs. while my daughter was in high school. I moved from CO in early '94 when she graduated to the TX Hill Country between Austin & San Antonio. I started flying for United Airlines in '99 so I left the Hill Country for awhile. Spent several years in Houston, TX, moved back to the Hill Country in '06. Have been quite a GYPSY since I left LA back in '85, but I'm ready to settle down in a safe, small-town feel, beautiful area (Tri-Cities area). Does anyone know of a FLIGHT ATTENDANT job in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee