Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:04 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times

Advertisements

Help me out TN. I am a total loser when it comes to picture taking and I have regretted not having many pictures.

My husband and I just closed on 40 acres in Johnson County and we are building a solar, underground house. I definitely want pictures and maybe you can teach me how to share them.

Anyway, please help. I need an easy, very easy, good digital camera. I will never be a pro so it doesn't have to be the best. What do ya'll suggest?

Thanks
Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 05:34 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times
Younglisa7, it would be best to ask this question in the photography forum near the bottom of the main City-Data page.......

Photography Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

Old 04-21-2008, 07:39 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
A simple point & shoot would work. You can down load them directly into your computer & print, email & post! I for 1 would love to see your place being built!!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,773,974 times
If its an easy brand recommendation you're looking for, then I'd have to say Kodak. I sell cameras, and they have the reputation of being one of the easiest point and shoots to use right out of the box...they have a real diverse product line, and some good models go for under $100.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:12 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Moved back to TN for Younglisa; how about some responses for her folks, thanks!

Old 05-03-2008, 07:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Help me out TN. I am a total loser when it comes to picture taking and I have regretted not having many pictures.

My husband and I just closed on 40 acres in Johnson County and we are building a solar, underground house. I definitely want pictures and maybe you can teach me how to share them.

Anyway, please help. I need an easy, very easy, good digital camera. I will never be a pro so it doesn't have to be the best. What do ya'll suggest?

Thanks
Lisa
Well, you don't want a camera that you can just use for this pupose. How do you see yourself using the camera after the underground house is built?

Old 05-03-2008, 07:50 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
I bought a kodak easyshare C713. It seem s to take good pictures altough the directions are a little dicey. I tried going to the easyshare site but I don't like the fact that you are hooked up to the web with your whole photo gallery.

As I said I am totally new at this. What other sites do people use to put their pictures onto the computer and then to post onto forums.

I know this is a photography question but I didn't get much response when I posted on that forum. So I am asking for your help b/c you guys are great.

Lisa

Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
Lisa, I would most definitely go with a Kodak just for some simple photography. Easy Share is great!

Old 05-03-2008, 07:25 PM

302 posts, read 1,443,884 times
My canon power shot is really easy. I use Auto mostly but do occasionally turn it to flower, portrait, and fast! dont forget to turn the knob back to Auto.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I bought a kodak easyshare C713. It seem s to take good pictures altough the directions are a little dicey. I tried going to the easyshare site but I don't like the fact that you are hooked up to the web with your whole photo gallery.

As I said I am totally new at this. What other sites do people use to put their pictures onto the computer and then to post onto forums.

I know this is a photography question but I didn't get much response when I posted on that forum. So I am asking for your help b/c you guys are great.

Lisa
Did you get the easy share software with your camera? I find that to be a useful photo improvement tool even if you don't upload your photos to the Kodak Gallery.

To upload here, I use Photobucket. Go to the Photobucket website and create an account. Use the upload tool to upload your photo(s) to Photobucket. After they are uploaded to Photobucket, go to the photo you want to upload. The last line under the photo is an IMG Code. Highlight it and hit Ctrl C on your keyboard to copy it. Now go to City Data and open the message window where you want to post the photo and position your cursor where (in the message) you want to post the photo. Now look above the message box. Do you see that yellow box that looks like it has mountains in it? Click on it. It says, "Please enter the URL of your image." Erase/Delete the http:// that's already in the box, first. Now hit Ctrl V on your keyboard to paste the image code into the box and then hit Ok. You'll see the code inside your message.

To make sure your photo is there, click on Preview Post before hitting Submit Reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee