Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,009,422 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I was looking to see if any of ya'll are railroad employees in TN? I got an offer to test for a conductor trainee position for Norfolk Southern in Knoxville this week. Assuming I pass the test, I may be offered a job that day.

What do you all think of that job (conductor trainee)?? Looks like lots of traveling and pretty good benefits, would this be a good position or would it make more sense to try for another position with the train company?

Thanks

Tony
(retired military)

Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 PM

421 posts, read 1,691,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1790 View Post
Hello,

I was looking to see if any of ya'll are railroad employees in TN? I got an offer to test for a conductor trainee position for Norfolk Southern in Knoxville this week. Assuming I pass the test, I may be offered a job that day.

What do you all think of that job (conductor trainee)?? Looks like lots of traveling and pretty good benefits, would this be a good position or would it make more sense to try for another position with the train company?

Thanks

Tony
(retired military)
Any railroad job is great. I've considered it myself.If I didn't have 12 years in Firefighting/Paramedic with the state of TN I would try for it!
I've talked to 5 people who have made a career out of that & they agree that it's tough but very rewarding. GREAT retirement! Railroad retirement is better than any in the world! You'll be gone a lot.And when you're home you'll be on constant call to work!So you can't really make any plans. But they all LOVE IT & it's very rewarding for them.Norfolk Southern is not only hiring in Knoxville but everywhere from time to time.Look for Chattanooga...Conductor Trainee...!

firepower

Old 12-02-2009, 11:57 PM

2 posts, read 10,355 times
Default Congrats

I am an electrician for CSX. If you get that job you should jump all over it. You will work alot of hours but you are retired and if you work for the railroad you will get Railroad Retirement. The money is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1790 View Post
Hello,

Thanks

Tony
(retired military)

Old 12-03-2009, 04:32 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,331,088 times
Thanks for posting the info lodog, but this thread is over two years old and the op (original poster) ended up moving here, continuing his education and became a part of the medical field.
I will close the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee