Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadila View Post
c) re: Panera Bread

I've known that restaurant for many years - used to run as "Atlanta Bread Co", "St Louis Bread Co" etc - but for me they just don't come anywhere close to Great Harvest . That is, however, because I don't like Italian-style bread like ciabatta, which is entirely white wheat with little nutritional value; and the only exception at Panera, the honey whole wheat, didn't taste like whole wheat at all and even less like HONEY whole wheat. So the only reason I might visit Panera is the free wireless Internet
I understand. I love Panera, but it's nothing like Great Harvest.

One technicality, however. Panera did used to be Saint Louis Bread Company, but Atlanta Bread Company is separate. There's an Atlanta Bread Co. here in Knoxville just a couple of miles from a Panera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 12:33 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I understand. I love Panera, but it's nothing like Great Harvest.

One technicality, however. Panera did used to be Saint Louis Bread Company, but Atlanta Bread Company is separate. There's an Atlanta Bread Co. here in Knoxville just a couple of miles from a Panera.
We had an Atlanta Bread Company in Alcoa but it closed down. Shame. We still have Panera though.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:06 PM

19 posts, read 50,653 times
@smokymtngal

>>Panera did used to be Saint Louis Bread Company, but Atlanta Bread Company is separate<<

Thanks for the correction! As those two look so very much alike to me - including that similar font in the new logos - I had assumed that they were the same company just using different names in different areas (like , e.g., Noahs Bagels and Einstein Bagels). But if they are both in Knoxville, they are obviously different.

hadila

Old 10-04-2008, 04:59 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
hadila -

we also had a great bakery here in Knoxville named Hogan's and they just closed down last week I used to buy a lot of their stuff at a small market in Maryville. I hate they closed; said that they just couldn't make it.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 AM

300 posts, read 1,456,079 times
YOu really must try Tellico Grains and Bakery in Tellico Plains. It is a must for anyone in this area. The bread is baked fresh every day and I never leave without 4-5 loaves of all different kinds. The pastries are fabulous and you can even get a pizza cooked in the brick oven and eat it there.

Tellico Grains Bakery of Tellico Plains Tennessee

It is truly a delight!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:16 PM

19 posts, read 50,653 times
@Forest Breath

>>Tellico Grains and Bakery in Tellico Plains. It is a must for anyone in this area. The bread is baked fresh every day <<

Thanks for the link to their website! As I have to travel from Knoxville to Chattanooga, it won't even be much of a detour, if I take the backroads.
However, in order to know if it is worth the side-trip for me, I would need to know, if they make any bread with WHOLE WHEAT. Their website doesn't say anything about that. Maybe YOU know that?

hadila
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee