Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 9,670 times

Advertisements

35 years in Florida is quite enough! Everything here has changed. Eleven years ago I moved from Pompano to Palatka area (mistake)! I'm now looking at either Arkansas or Tennessee. I like the looks and geographical location of Tennessee. After reading a bunch of stuff on this forum ....I'm not sure about Tennessee. I am surrounded by a town and a lot of it's people who refuse to better themselves. Eastern Tennessee looks beautiful..I'm just wondering about the story of the person who was chased around by a truck full of yahoos...and told to get out...your not a local!! Scares me! Just looking for a house on a waterway with a few acres. I love to fly fish! Does anybody have a special town in mind? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 03:39 PM

302 posts, read 1,443,972 times
Thumbs up Eastern Tennessee is the place for me

My husband and I will be moving next year to the Rogersville area. Bought beautiful piece of property. 2 miles to the Holston River and 6 miles to Cherokee Lake. There are so many rivers and lakes around you would have many choices. BTW We also love to fish, boat, canoe etc good luck!

Old 09-28-2006, 06:40 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,612 times
Smile Rhea county ?

D; Just moved two months ago. 12 yars of Indian river near space center. Seems you may enjoy DAYTON area North Hawassee river for fly fishing. Can find on web search. Not sure of more than one acre when you get river front property as getting very scarce. Heard TVA only lets 30 % of land get developed on water ??? We are in Sale creek area, very nice, also other Fla, Half-backs, etc. New construction off water, but one acre hill top views $ 135 K. Two miles away on river is $ 2 million re-sale ! Again over one acre on river front is tough find .

Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,884 times
Default familiar with Palatka

I spent a long time in Florida and I saw more yokums and rednecks there than ever here. I think in 3 years in this town I've seen ONE truck jacked up. Our town, Greeneville, has older holmes and multimillion dollar homes. There are farms and such around, but you can't be stupid and make a living here. Florida was much much worse as far as falling down mobile homes, trashy rentals, etc.

We lived in Titusville less than a year and had our car stolen and our house broken in on. I used to carry a gun between the bucket seats down there. Let's not even talk about the winters where you freeze to death and the bugs when it warms up!

A beautiful place if you love staying on the coast is the Gulfport area. Spent a couple of years down there before Katrina and it was just great.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:30 PM

137 posts, read 431,166 times
Relocate America relatively recently released a list of the top 100 cities and towns in which to live and work in the US, and Chattanooga came up #3. It's a beautiful city that is rapidly improving as far as green spaces and urban parks go, and is one of the best places in the country for outdoor activities like hiking, bicycling, walking, kayaking, fishing, caving, and hang gliding. There's also lots of attractions and historic sites if you enjoy exploring the area you live in.

People are very open to newcomers (the idea of not being welcome to newcomers is an odd one, actually).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee