Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 6,005 times

Advertisements

We just purchased 5 plus A. Hwy. 321 from Newport, Parrotsville address.
Looks to us to be a layed back but growing location. Can't wait to start building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 09:42 AM

3 posts, read 6,005 times
Look around other parts of TN. and US. This place doesn't look to bad.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,100,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david adams View Post
We just purchased 5 plus A. Hwy. 321 from Newport, Parrotsville address.
Looks to us to be a layed back but growing location. Can't wait to start building.
Where about off 321? We also bought off 321 5 miles out of Newport close to Parottsville i believe. Not right on 321 but there's a road we have to turn off of first. We bought in a subdivision though.

Look around other parts of TN. and US. This place doesn't look to bad

You got that right. Every town will have it's good and bad parts just some towns have it worse than others and i'm not saying there are no areas around Newport that are not scary because south of Newport heading towards Cosby is what i believe to be the "scary" part of the county off the back roads.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,889 times
I am a lifelong resident of Cocke County and know all that has went on since childhood. Yes there has been corruption such as moonshine , pot growers, **** fights, and chop shops. Is there no crime in your neighborhood ? Then why are you wanting to move? Yes things have changed over the years but our economy has not been the greatest nor the leaders of our community but our citizens found a way to survive. But now things are changing for the betterment of the community.
We have new leaders and want change . We have lots of natural resources and are geographically located in the heart of East Tn. .For years we have been exploited by the media and I'm sure you have some of the same things but maybe in a different form.
Newport, welcomes you and is a quite place to live. We are within an hours drive from Knoxville, Asheville ,N C and the Tri-cities and 30 minutes from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, and the Great Smoky Mt's. and 1hr from Cherokee, N C.
Sometime first impressions are misleading . There are several nice places to live in Cocke County. Please come visit us......

Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 AM

24 posts, read 115,658 times
Default Thanks jkyker

Its good to hear people stand up for their town/county and I especially like it
when they are talking about my future home. I would prefer no crime of course but when I compare it to rural Fort Worth TX, my current home,
there isn't much difference in the types of crimes.They seem to be the typical crimes reported in rural newspapers all over the country. I think Fort Worth is a great place to live but it cant compare to the beauty and climate of Cocke cty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee